• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham vs City FA Cup 2nd Rd MDT

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d like to hear Steve Evans interview after the game if anyone can find it. He’s a pantomime villain on the sideline, but I enjoy hearing him speak.
I would imagine that it's fallen foul of the Twitter censorship rules?

fred binneys head

I would imagine that it's fallen foul of the Twitter censorship rules?
Far from it, he speaks well in interviews.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally I'm beginning to get my head around the idea that going a goal down isn't necessarily such a bad thing.

Grecian2K

Far from it, he speaks well in interviews.
Joking apart, looks like he sent his assistant out to do the media round.
Gillingham 2 Exeter City 3: Assistant manager Paul Raynor blasts Gills' FA Cup performance (kentonline.co.uk)
A far from happy bunny where his own team is concerned, but pleasingly complimentary about City.

Incidentally, it was interesting to read that this was the first time in 22 years as a "management team" that he and Evans had lost to a team in a lower league to theirs. Another one to chalk up in the ECFC archive??

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Joking apart, looks like he sent his assistant out to do the media round.
Gillingham 2 Exeter City 3: Assistant manager Paul Raynor blasts Gills' FA Cup performance (kentonline.co.uk)
A far from happy bunny where his own team is concerned, but pleasingly complimentary about City.

Incidentally, it was interesting to read that this was the first time in 22 years as a "management team" that he and Evans had lost to a team in a lower league to theirs. Another one to chalk up in the ECFC archive??
And to remind him about next time we meet ! UTC

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Page seems even more injury prone than we had feared.
Really? When you consider he had 2 years without playing, it’s pretty clear he was going to be very injury prone.

At least it wasn’t his hammy today but I expect he will be out for a week or two at least.

Really does make you wonder what our first XI is, honestly think Taylor and Williams might not be in it, but Sparkes for Page for me ATM, by miles.
Taylor not in the first 11 - you are joking.😂

tonykellowfan

Interesting interview with their man. Doesn’t mince his words and very complimentary towards us.

Red Devon

And hopefully this time we will get some TV money. BBC are showing Bradford v Oldham FFS! They love their Northerners
In fairness, it was actually a decent game with some cracking goals in it.

Albumen

Taylor not in the first 11 - you are joking.😂
It’s not that ridiculous. I don’t think there’s a lot to choose between Taylor, Nige and Collins. Admittedly Taylor’s on form at the minute... but that’s the beauty of a good squad.