• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham vs City FA Cup 2nd Rd MDT

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Been a while since I last started one - don’t forget it’s a 1pm kick off.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just went to buy my usual matchday pass for this game on iFollow, and it wont let me purchase it? Are FA Cup matches not being relayed this season?

Exehausted

I just went to buy my usual matchday pass for this game on iFollow, and it wont let me purchase it? Are FA Cup matches not being relayed this season?
They are being shown, but not on ifollow. It has been mentioned on another thread, but I don't know which one. It's all to do with the Broadcasting rights being owned by BT and the BBC I think. In the UK we can purchase a pass, but I don't think you can if you are abroad. Don't take my word for it though. I was sent an email from the club with the link to purchase if I want to. I wont, but I will be buying the next two away games.

PeteUSA

They are being shown, but not on ifollow. It has been mentioned on another thread, but I don't know which one. It's all to do with the Broadcasting rights being owned by BT and the BBC I think. In the UK we can purchase a pass, but I don't think you can if you are abroad. Don't take my word for it though. I was sent an email from the club with the link to purchase if I want to. I wont, but I will be buying the next two away games.
Okay, thanks mate. It saved me trying to buy the game at 6.00 in the morning in vain!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're going to have a cup run one year surely. Sod's Law it'll be this season with no fans but if it happens I won't be complaining. UTC

Pobbop

We're going to have a cup run one year surely. Sod's Law it'll be this season with no fans but if it happens I won't be complaining. UTC
Genuinely what do people consider a Cup run? I mean apart from two years in our history, third round seems like a run to me, which we've done twice in the last five years, apart from 81 don't think we've reached round 4 since 1950, but yeah maybe that's what you mean. Yet for me I'd snatch your hand off for 3rd round everytime at the start.

Red Devon

Genuinely what do people consider a Cup run? I mean apart from two years in our history, third round seems like a run to me, which we've done twice in the last five years, apart from 81 don't think we've reached round 4 since 1950, but yeah maybe that's what you mean. Yet for me I'd snatch your hand off for 3rd round everytime at the start.
Would class a visit to the Fifth Round as a proper cup run.

older-codger

Okay, thanks mate. It saved me trying to buy the game at 6.00 in the morning in vain!
I have purchased a match pass as I did for the Fylde match. They should be available on the club site but I seem to recall that they were not available overseas (though that may be wrong!)

burtiew

I remember being at White Hart Lane in '81 ... Round 6 would be good again!!

jimmy

Genuinely what do people consider a Cup run?
It would have to be 3rd round for us as that always sticks in the memory. Overbthe past 20 years..Everton, Man United, Liverpool and even Charlton and WBA draws are memorable.

If we haven't made the third round it disintegrates from my mind...unless we crashed out to part-timers!