• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joel Randall (to Peterborough)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brentford can't be short of cash with the Ollie money, how much did they get for Benrahma?

budegrecian

Brentford can't be short of cash with the Ollie money, how much did they get for Benrahma?
Benrahma ended up going to West Ham on a loan basis, I believe. No doubt there was a loan fee & if all goes well a full transfer will no doubt be arranged at the end of the season. Even so, they can't be short of cash, so what are we thinking; £3 million each or £5 million for the pair?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe both have 18 months left then its a tribunal fee. I hope they sign new deals but expect their agents are advising them against it.
Peak value for ECFC could be summer 2021 then especially if we are in league 1 next season.

Randall and Key are by far our most valuable players from a financial point of view.

Key could go straight into a championship first eleven now given the pace and strength he has.

Grecian Max

Think there are parallels with Key and Friend & Storey... rapid development and I agree could go straight to the Championship.

Randall is great but I think he's still a bit of a rough diamond so of the 2 I think he's most likely to stay a little longer, especially if we (finally?!) go up this season.

STURTZ

I also see similarities between Key and Friend but remember that although Friend went to Wolves at age 21 he didn't feature much at all and was loaned out to various clubs (including us!) before being sold (for just 100k) to Middlesborough where his career took off. Similar story with Grimes, he had to step back before he stepped up, although he did end up at the club we sold him to.

Rosencrantz

I also see similarities between Key and Friend but remember that although Friend went to Wolves at age 21 he didn't feature much at all and was loaned out to various clubs (including us!) before being sold (for just 100k) to Middlesborough where his career took off. Similar story with Grimes, he had to step back before he stepped up, although he did end up at the club we sold him to.
George was bought by Middlesbrough for £100k but from Doncaster not Wolves. It was at Donny that George started to progress again after being released by Wolves.

Red Devon

I have been incredibly impressed by the technical skill of the ex academy players, their maturity and also their commitment / workrate.
Me too. Randall in particular is so good with the ball at his feet especially in and around the edge of the box he just seems to be able to shift the ball around with such quality!

Squeezebox

For a left footer, the ball he played across the box with the outside of his right for one of Bowman's goals was sublime.

Rosencrantz

For a left footer, the ball he played across the box with the outside of his right for one of Bowman's goals was sublime.
That would be because he is right footed. His left foot is so good though it can be hard to tell. I only worked it by seeing him take corners in the u23's. It gives him a big advantage of being able to go both ways.

Exehausted

I believe both have 18 months left then its a tribunal fee. I hope they sign new deals but expect their agents are advising them against it.
That's assuming that their agents didn't insist on a release clause of say £750,000. Let's hope not!