• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'd have won every world cup since 1966 if it wasn't for those bloody foreigners!:mad:

Tim Long

Alphie Inge Harland (sorry about the spelling Tim)
I prefer that spelling with the vague possibility he was distantly related to Stan Harland.

Rosencrantz

I still blame Shilton for the hand ball incident. If it was Big Kev Miller the ball would have been sailing towards the halfway line and Diego would have been too concussed to score that other goal 😉

fred binneys head

I still blame Shilton for the hand ball incident. If it was Big Kev Miller the ball would have been sailing towards the halfway line and Diego would have been too concussed to score that other goal 😉
Spot on. Maradona’s hand was on top of his head, and he was about 5’ 5”. Shilton was 6’ 1” and was allowed to extend his arm. Look how far Maradona’s feet were off the floor compared to Shilton. Useless Argyle person.

STURTZ

I prefer that spelling with the vague possibility he was distantly related to Stan Harland.
Thanks, intrigued by the theory that you have to be able to spell a players name before being allowed to have an opinion on him, how does that work?

LOG

I still blame Shilton for the hand ball incident.
I concur. And then there was the deflected free kick at Italia 90.

fred binneys head

I concur. And then there was the deflected free kick at Italia 90.
And his pathetic attempts at any penalty save, ever. Useless argyle person.

Spoonz Red E

Piece of s***.
No loss.
Got out of the slums and delighted with his football skills.
Patriotic working class boy done good.
Different flag s'all.

fred binneys head

Spot on Spoonz. The Argentinian Gazza, we’d have worshipped him if he was English.

haka

A magnificent footballer whose extraordinary genius lit up the game.

He also committed handball, which is of course unspeakably wicked and far worse than ending careers with injuries, taking/offering bribes, drunk driving, and all the other things that football people have done over the years, while being called a "character" who is quickly forgiven and fondly remembered.