• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gillingham FA Cup Build Up Thread

OmanGrecian

After the thrashing delivered to Colchester, attention now turns to the FA Cup to progress to round 3. After last night's match I wish it was another league game on Saturday to get league momentum up and running.

Play like last night and we should have no fear, however, I'm going for a 1-1 draw (Ajose) and City win on penalties.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Feeling confident in the FAC for a change.
The Grecians are in good form.There is no home advantage with zero crowds.
I expect the Grecians to be in the draw for the 3rd Round.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
This will be tough. Higher league opposition, on good form, and on their patch.

Its winnable though. Confidence is high the youngsters are fearless and quality. 2-2 and pens.

tonykellowfan

I think also there will be changes to the line up.

denzel

I suspect Matt would have looked at this to make a few changes, maybe Law coming in for a start.
Quite confident but Gillingham will obviously be tougher than Colchester.
At least we wont be sitting in the worst away end in the league on Saturday...

Red Devon

I suspect Matt would have looked at this to make a few changes, maybe Law coming in for a start.
Quite confident but Gillingham will obviously be tougher than Colchester.
At least we wont be sitting in the worst away end in the league on Saturday...
Matt already talking about changes for Gillingham straight after the final whistle last night...saying the league is the priority!

Colesman Ballz

Matt already talking about changes for Gillingham straight after the final whistle last night...saying the league is the priority!
With a long old haul to Cleethorpes on Tues night, and then a trip to rivals Cheltenham four days later.

denzel

Is the reference to Season Ticket holders getting the match for free at the bottom of this article correct?

denzel

With a long old haul to Cleethorpes on Tues night, and then a trip to rivals Cheltenham four days later.
Sadly the schedule has been very unkind here, almost disrespectful to the FA Cup. But I presume that Gillingham have similar issues and may also be looking at playing some reserves.

Alistair20000

Sadly the schedule has been very unkind here, almost disrespectful to the FA Cup. But I presume that Gillingham have similar issues and may also be looking at playing some reserves.
With a potentially lucrative 3rd round tie I would have thought both sides will want to be up for this.