• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Colchester United Matchday Thread

haka

What with the kids against Crewe and now this, I've delivered a dozen goals in 2 games just by being faint-hearted and opting out early. I blame the kick-off times as well, they're all over the place, so I am too.

Fantastic win, let's hope at least some people can get back to watch more goals soon.

haka

I got them mixed up with Doncaster didn't I 🙄. I just remembered Neil Ilman scoring but that was 5-1 against Donny.
We also beat Doncaster 5-1 in the League Cup, the same year we went to Birmingham and Liverpool. The Donny win was extra special because it was the 2nd leg, and we'd turned it around. Billy Bremner was their boss IIRC.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spotlight just got the score wrong, 5 - 1 according to them. :ROFLMAO:
To be fair to them they were still thinking about Saturdays result for their beloved Gargs

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done, Ryan Bowman. If you miss a sitter but get a hat trick the miss is forgotten. Hope you can go on to better things now.
That first goal was exactly what we've been hoping to see more of from Ryan all season -gambling on the cross coming in and getting goal side of the defender.

grecIAN Harris

Now that's a proper strikers hattrick, three tap ins from inside the six yard box..

Banksy

Brilliant stuff.Felt a bit poorly yesterday and went to bed early.Greeted this morning by this super result.Brilliant stuff and well done Bowman!😀😀😀

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
"But they were only tap ins" Some of the best strikers in the history of the games goals mainly came from tap ins. They don't have to be thirty yard screamers all the time. This isn't fifa.

tonykellowfan

I think we are getting a bit carried away here. Two of the goals came in injury time when Colchester were down to 10 men and had basically given up.

Still a great performance again from 1 to 11, hard to pick a MOM Jay or Randall.

tonykellowfan

andrew p long

Bowman not only scored three but was also involved in all of the other three goals too. None of the others counted as an 'assist' in the stats because those (often misleading ) assist stats only count the last player to touch the ball before the scorer. So he played an important role in all six goals.

Looking forward to seeing Michelle Owen present Quest highlights tonight, siting in for Colin Murray I really like it that she is professional enough to seek not to show that she is married to a Greenie, but human enough not always to be 100% successful...