• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Colchester United Matchday Thread

JJ red&white

One of the best performances I have ever seen from a city side, on par with the argyle game last year. We were so slick and had so much pace. Every player played well with the exception of Williams who was disappointing again. People say Bowman doesn’t score enough, but in my opinion even if he didn’t score again tonight, he does so much off the ball to open space for the youngsters, and is so much more effective than fisher trying to do the same. Key again was outstanding! Cracking night all round!

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Keystone Cops turn at the end actually gave the scoreline a proper reflection on the game. That was as a complete team performance as we have had in a while. Led from the front in a high energy and pressing game from the front four, backed up intelligently by the midfield and full backs leaving Sweenz and Tom to mop up.

Good to see our attacking players on the score sheet. MJ with 7, Randall 6 and Bowman 5 now doesn't seem at all bad. Of course they could score more before anyone starts.
Think this was Matt Taylor's beef on Saturday. Good to see the response.

STURTZ

and 6 academy players involved.

Red Monster

What a performance,well done lads that’s been coming for
a while.

Alistair20000

I think when Bowman's third went in I'm sure I just heard FBH have an orgasm! 😄
Ooh err missus:eek:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
This makes for decent reading.

League Two Top Scorers - BBC Sport

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a game, Bowman will take the hattrick, but Jay was MOTM for me, heavily supported by the academy trio of Collins Key and Randal. Taylor quiet for much of the match allowing his teammates to do their thing, do wish Randy will have a pop now and again to help boost his confidence

Sparkes almost got through like last week, shame he is so one footed (or is it as he would be up the pyramid on loan somewhere) seems to be improving each game

Parkes so solid and rugged in defence, and special mention of Sweeney who now appears to be an ever present after the rumours at the start of the season, not the most cultures but you have got to love him.

As Max has said we could come away with some silverware this season but our senior players need to be more consistent and need to stop these goals going in

UTC

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think all six of our goals were scored from within the six yard box?
[/QUOTE
Same again Saturday ? UTC

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Same again Saturday ? UTC
Yes. We need to take the Cup seriously. Every £ matters.

Exehausted

I said at half time what a nightmare we must be to play against with 4 great attacking players down the wings. Although he didn't create that much tonight Randell is getting more room to play because Josh Key is also so dangerous down the right wing. His confidence has clearly suffered this season but let's hope that he can get back to the best and then we will be amazing. Last season every team put two or even three on Williams, they can't do that now because it leaves room for Josh to attack in the space that has been created. The same on the other side, Jack and Joel interchange so well. At last we score the goals that our fantastic approach play deserves. Brilliant City, well done.