• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale - Ex-Bristol Rovers Manager to Col Utd now Stevenage

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we know PT has a tendency to sign players whom he knows and who have played for him previously. Given this come the January window which City players do we think he might be interested in.....Archie or Jake or both.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny that it was a freezing cold might at The Memorial when I first realised Tis had it in him to be abusive, started shouting and gesturing at fans behind him for, I don't know what, I was quite shocked! I was also at Stevenage on that famous occasion, maybe it was me he took objection to?
Not such a proper chap as he likes to paint himself when things are not going for him exactly the way he wants it.....pram and toys lol.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
As we know PT has a tendency to sign players whom he knows and who have played for him previously. Given this come the January window which City players do we think he might be interested in.....Archie or Jake or both.
As long as he keeps his well manicured mitts off Key and Randell.....

dontpassback

He won’t find the rovers fans as tolerant as we were,and unless he has done his homework it may well come as a surprise to him,although rovers have been a lower league club(including conference)in recent years,Bristol is a very big place and rovers fans will expect more !

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie only broke into ECFC team under MT.

I think it is possible that next summer we won't be able, much like this summer, to afford to renew the contracts of senior players . If that happened I could see Jake ending up at Rovers *if* Tis lasts that long there.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just as well Tom Nicholls left Rovers.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not such a proper chap as he likes to paint himself when things are not going for him exactly the way he wants it.....pram and toys lol.
As far as one can tell, most football managers actually have very little time for the opinions of fans, but know how to make the right noises. But Tis was never very good at hiding his disdain.

It's the same in most professions, it's a means of asserting status and expertise, and hiding doubts about same. e.g. police officers called the public "civilians" amongst themselves; doctors roll their eyes when patients express views on their diagnosis; etc etc.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Today will be the Gasheads first introduction to a Tisdale post match interview.
Good luck
Swindon are entitled to try and score, the players need to understand its winter football with a low sun, the fans may not understand why I brought on 2 defenders when we were losing but both those defenders are good chaps with good experience........

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is early days and it will take Tisdale time to sort out the team,but after listening to Matt Taylor’s post match talk on radio Devon,it was miles apart from the gibberish nonsense that Tisdale used to trot out,I don’t think the gas fans will be as tolerant as we were
I have just listened on YouTube to his first interview and would very much like to know what others think about it.

In my opinion, whilst it is difficult put my finger on why, this was not the same PT that left us or indeed arrived at his first MK Dons press conference with trumpets heralding his arrival.

He was subdued and almost chastened as if after his experience at MK Dons and being exposed to the real football world where the only thing that kept a manager in his job were results he had now realised how fortunate he had been with the way he had been treated by all at ECFC. As I said would be interested to hear what others think.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Swindon are entitled to try and score, the players need to understand its winter football with a low sun, the fans may not understand why I brought on 2 defenders when we were losing but both those defenders are good chaps with good experience........
You forgot to mention the state of the pitch.