• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Last film watched..

GJW

Joker. 9/10. Great film. Phoenix plays this part brilliantly. Felt really engaged with the character. A little disturbing in places. So much better than the secret garden.

Also, watching the Candyman (1992) at the moment. Last 30 minutes to watch tonight. Won’t score it yet just in case it improves, but looking like a 6/10 presently.
Ended up a poor 6/10. Lead actress put in a good shift. Apart from that it was very disappointing.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
JoJo Rabbit. 2019. A young member of the Hitler Youth has an imaginary friend in the shape of a comedic Adolf Hitler. His mother , played by Scarlett Johansson , is hiding a young Jewish girl and is eventually caught by the Gestapo and executed .Part drama , part comedy , and I didn’t really know what to make of it. My wife fell asleep halfway through which may have been just as well , I stuck it out to the bitter end. 6/10 for trying.

GJW

JoJo Rabbit. 2019. A young member of the Hitler Youth has an imaginary friend in the shape of a comedic Adolf Hitler. His mother , played by Scarlett Johansson , is hiding a young Jewish girl and is eventually caught by the Gestapo and executed .Part drama , part comedy , and I didn’t really know what to make of it. My wife fell asleep halfway through which may have been just as well , I stuck it out to the bitter end. 6/10 for trying.
I’ve just started watching this today. Hoping to finish it tonight. So far, ok. Has made me chuckle a few times.

LOG

For reasons unknown, i watched Rocky IV last night. It really is very poor.

fred binneys head

That reminds me, I watched Rambo 2 the other week. Utter tripe.

GJW

I’ve just started watching this today. Hoping to finish it tonight. So far, ok. Has made me chuckle a few times.
Gave up in the end. Not really my cup of tea. Watched AvP instead. 7/10. Can’t go wrong with Aliens and Predators killing each other

CC

Watched Jumanji : The Next Level the other day. I liked it, good chemistry between the same four main characters as the original re-boot, but not quite as good overall. Karen Gillan is in it which makes anything worth watching.

Banksy

A Hidden Life 2919 .The story of Frank Jägerstätter an Austrian who refused to give an oath of allegiance to Hitler for religious reasons and to fight for the Nazis in WW2.Incarcerated in various jails and brutalised throughout he was finally guillotined in 1943.A long film at well over two and a half hours , I felt quite worn down at the end of it. Still , a true story and proof that not everyone supported Hitler. Some beautiful Austrian scenery though and music to match!

Banksy

The Hunt 2020 , Hilary Swank and Betty Gilpin. A dozen ‘undesirables’ are drugged and dumped on the outskirts of an unknown manor and hunted down by a well armed group of rich people. One of the victims though turns out to be more of a handful than they expected . ( I’d go as far as saying a little psycho) .An unusual film in that it is part action , part horror , and part comedy. I throughly enjoyed it though , it was well worth sticking with 9/10.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The trial of the chicago 7.

Really good telling of a political trial around the time of the Vietnam war. Some of the stuff that went on is unbelievable especially with the judge. Sacha baron Cohen is excellent. 8/10
Agreed. Excellent telling of the story. Interesting to look up what happened to the defendants subsequently in their lives (e.g. Tom married Jane Fonda, Dellinger got arrested along with his grandson at a more recent Chicago Democrat convention!). 8/10