• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

David Treharne

Strange resonance in this thread with events during 2003/2004 season and the Red Card scheme. As part of some writing that I'm undertaking I've been checking through the list of people who opted to make interest free loans under this scheme. It surprises me that offered the chance of getting 20%off season ticket prices for season 2004, a free programme for all home games, 10% off shop merchandise and at the SJC bar as well as "fast track entry by special door to your chosen part of the ground " the vast majority opted for the blind decision simply to loan the Club amounts of up to GBP 1000. It helped the Club through a really rocky period. In the event 81.26% of the sum raised was repaid to the donors by October 2008, the remaining amount having been given to the Club as a donation. It has always amazed me that given the precarious position of the Club at the time so many people were so generous in support of what could so easily have been donations into a black hole.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange resonance in this thread with events during 2003/2004 season and the Red Card scheme. As part of some writing that I'm undertaking I've been checking through the list of people who opted to make interest free loans under this scheme. It surprises me that offered the chance of getting 20%off season ticket prices for season 2004, a free programme for all home games, 10% off shop merchandise and at the SJC bar as well as "fast track entry by special door to your chosen part of the ground " the vast majority opted for the blind decision simply to loan the Club amounts of up to GBP 1000. It helped the Club through a really rocky period. In the event 81.26% of the sum raised was repaid to the donors by October 2008, the remaining amount having been given to the Club as a donation. It has always amazed me that given the precarious position of the Club at the time so many people were so generous in support of what could so easily have been donations into a black hole.
'Once a Grecian ALWAYS a Grecian' sums up true fans who will give as much as they can afford to ensure that ECFC survives for posterity. Given good Governance I'm hoping that the "Black Hole" will never appear again - UTC

Coppers

I must praise the club for the speed and efficiency of dealing with my 2 refunds, filled in both forms in the evening and on the following day the refunds were processed and I received an email confirming that it had been processed and it was showing on my credit card account a couple of days later minus the 2 admin fees. Good job 👍