• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ah...A bit of normality..Indo back 😁

Mr Jinx

Breaking News …… Friday morning begins with yet another racist bigot claim being trotted out again !

And it isn't me for a change.
Thankfully I don't see them as I have him on ignore. I suggest others do the same.

I used to report him to the mods but they never did anything, so I gave up doing that too.

I'm thinking he's not taken to well to my postings around Marcus Rashford. And I stick by them. Instead of doing what Rashford did and throw his toys out of the pram, why not do something like Gary Neville & Ryan Giggs did with their hotel for the homeless? They knew homelessness isn't going away, so rather than jump up and down ranting while driving £80K cars to their £2 mill houses, they dug into their own pockets to do some good.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Ah...A bit of normality..Indo back 😁
Yes, fighting fit, Olds. 👍.

IndoMike

Thankfully I don't see them as I have him on ignore. I suggest others do the same.

I used to report him to the mods but they never did anything, so I gave up doing that too.

I'm thinking he's not taken to well to my postings around Marcus Rashford. And I stick by them. Instead of doing what Rashford did and throw his toys out of the pram, why not do something like Gary Neville & Ryan Giggs did with their hotel for the homeless? They knew homelessness isn't going away, so rather than jump up and down ranting while driving £80K cars to their £2 mill houses, they dug into their own pockets to do some good.
Yes. I'm sure you'd prefer carte blanche to get away with any obnoxious comments you like without scrutiny. Calling for others to put me on ignore...
a. Doesn't concern me at all.
b. Assumes that everyone agrees with you and your comments about "replacing Sue Barker with a person of colour is the last straw". I know some do agree with you

Anyway. I've made my point clearly. It is after all a major, current, political topic both here and in the US.

tavyred

A bit of positivity for a friday morning.
UK posts record quarterly retail sales.
A FTA with the EU looks increasingly likely.
The UK overtakes India as the worlds 5th biggest economy again.
The Oxford vaccine "works perfectly and builds immunity" according to a study and there's evidence that the rise in infections is trailing off.
City are unbeaten in 5 and play the the bottom of the league tomorrow.
Here to help. (y)

DB9

A bit of positivity for a friday morning.
UK posts record quarterly retail sales.
A FTA with the EU looks increasingly likely.
The UK overtakes India as the worlds 5th biggest economy again.
The Oxford vaccine "works perfectly and builds immunity" according to a study and there's evidence that the rise in infections is trailing off.
City are unbeaten in 5 and play the the bottom of the league tomorrow.
Here to help. (y)
Not politics Tavy but you've bloody cursed it now!! :)

angelic upstart

I believe you have to fight against racism when it occurs. You have to highlight the wrongs and cut them out.
I honestly don't care what others think - I will sleep well at night, as always..
How you fight the perceived racism is important. Stop with the inner chimp and gooz fra baa a little.

elginCity

Just reported his post unfortunately, I would recommend others to do the same. No place on here for inflammatory and insulting language against another poster, especially when his insults have no basis in fact.
Orchestrating some witch-huntery astride your long leggedy steed, Tavares ? You don't really want to turn this place into an echo chamber, and silence all dissenting voices do you ? Hmm.

tavyred

Orchestrating some witch-huntery astride your long leggedy steed, Tavares ? You don't really want to turn this place into an echo chamber, and silence all dissenting voices do you ? Hmm.
Dissenting voices no, unwarranted insulting and inflammatory language yes.
We converse respectfully enough on here despite our thinly veiled contempt for each other’s political views. 😀
Let you and I Elgy be the beacon for civilised discourse on these boards, come on you trot barsteward, are you with me? 😀

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

I normally do have him on ignore but tbh it was early morning and thought I would have a looksee at what blurb was coming out today , Seems I was right to look.