• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stating the blinking obvious , those two players would come in handy now.Can’t have our cake and eat it though.
If we had kept them we'd be playing at empty stadiums in L1 instead of empty stadiums in L2.

Corey

If we had kept them we'd be playing at empty stadiums in L1 instead of empty stadiums in L2.
If we had kept them we wouldn’t have been able to afford any decent players to play alongside them

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we had kept them we wouldn’t have been able to afford any decent players to play alongside them
You get a larger wedge of "solidarity" money (£700K rather than £470K in 2018/19) plus a bigger TV payment plus bigger crowds in L1. Would have covered the budget difference.

Grecianpasty

Anyone mention hiram boateng starting for Cambridge yesterday?

ryancooper327

A lot here:

Poor Frank Houghton: ‘He scored twice for Newcastle against Sheffield Wednesday that secured promotion from the Second division in 1948, but broke his arm scoring the second, he also broke his leg three times before later in his career contracting TB.’

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone mention hiram boateng starting for Cambridge yesterday?
Did we ever get any money from MK for his transfer?

BTW I see he has chosen the shirt number 44, which he picked when with us (he'd previously have several different numbers and was #26 at MK). Anyone know the reason / connection? Lewis Hamilton?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's the number of minutes he can play before he starts breathing out of his arse.

ecfc2000

I think it's the number of minutes he can play before he starts breathing out of his arse.
surely that's 4.4?

Fareham Grecian

Elliott Frear starting for Hearts tonight live on BBC Scotland

Ash

Indeed. £1.5 million is a lot of wonga and feels like good business TBH.
At the time, it certainly was decent business. I have a feeling that Jordan may end up playing in the top flight, so hopefully we have a sell on clause. Jayden on the other hand, has topped out.