• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign of the chimes

Keane has repeatedly failed as a manger at many levels, even his position as a pundit is a joke. Agree though that to see him getting sacked by Scholes and co would be very funny!
I enjoy Keane as a pundit but purely because he does the whole thing in character. I think if he got the gig at Salford it would be like watching a piece of unsubtle performance art, and I think that would be perfect given the whole set up there. Paul Cook on the other hand, and in my opinion, would add value to pretty much any team employed by him. I would hasten to add that it's an opinion not shared by all Pompey fans - as you'll all know football rarely works on unanimous opinion when it comes to managers.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
As if Salford don't get enough airtime already that is totally disproportionate to their standing in the game, the size of their fanbase or their history. If they appoint Keane, it will just be even worse.

sign of the chimes

As if Salford don't get enough airtime already that is totally disproportionate to their standing in the game, the size of their fanbase or their history. If they appoint Keane, it will just be even worse.
And on that basis it might be worth them considering, if they think that Keane is interested. Given the playing squad salary caps I do wonder wonder whether we might see some (in relative terms) superstar managerial and coaching appointments for some of the more attention-seeking clubs in the lower leagues in the future.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
And on that basis it might be worth them considering, if they think that Keane is interested. Given the playing squad salary caps I do wonder wonder whether we might see some (in relative terms) superstar managerial and coaching appointments for some of the more attention-seeking clubs in the lower leagues in the future.
Footballing wise, they'd be better off appointing the manager of Harrogate.

sign of the chimes

Footballing wise, they'd be better off appointing the manager of Harrogate.
He's done a good job; though I guess the pressure is a little less when your chairman is also your Dad. I seem to recall the manger has been there for several years, don't know if that's the same for the Chairman to be fair! (only know some of this because we played them in the FA cup last year).

DawlishBouy

43.9.3 Clubs to submit their squad list to the League within 24 hours of the conclusion of the summer transfer window.
43.9.1 22 players maximum squad size (of whom a minimum of 8 must be home grown.)
Players aged under 21 do not need to be included in the squad list.

I’m guessing most teams in League Two will be in breach of this new rule in one way or the other. Tomorrow’s opponents Crawley, for example, have 26 players (including one loanee) aged over 21. Be interesting to see if the EFL impose sanctions for these rule breaches.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
^^^^
I don’t think we have done in our games recently,have we ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
43.9.3 Clubs to submit their squad list to the League within 24 hours of the conclusion of the summer transfer window.
43.9.1 22 players maximum squad size (of whom a minimum of 8 must be home grown.)
Players aged under 21 do not need to be included in the squad list.

I’m guessing most teams in League Two will be in breach of this new rule in one way or the other. Tomorrow’s opponents Crawley, for example, have 26 players (including one loanee) aged over 21. Be interesting to see if the EFL impose sanctions for these rule breaches.
I presume there will be some sort of dispensation to allow for players who are already under contract. I make it we currently have 18 players 21 or over with a few more due to turn 21 during the season.

Fareham Grecian

^^^^
I don’t think we have done in our games recently,have we ?
We def missed a couple but were back doing it on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.