• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Josh Key...

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What drop Bowman? You must be joking.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Getting to know you. Interview with Josh Key.

rooecfc

playing really well again today, looks like a great prospect

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
playing really well again today, looks like a great prospect
Agreed. Wes McDonald had the beating of him a couple of times early on but after that Josh adapted quickly and had him in his pocket for the rest of the first half until McDonald was forced to swap sides.

Red Devon

Caught the eye again today, strong defensively and quick to break forward he did lose possession a couple of times close to our box but overall he had a strong 90 minutes.

Certainly dealt with Walsall's tricky winger expertly today.
The same winger gave Jayden Richardson a real going over in March.

andrew p long

The Walsall commentators were very complimentary...early on they said that the opposing winger really fancied taking on the young full back, before realising that the winger got absolutely nothing out of the exchanges.

I'm quite glad the transfer window has closed for now because, as others have said, this boy is the real deal and sensible clubs will make him the number one transfer target from City. Caprice must also be nonplussed because if Key keeps up this form then Caprice won't dislodge him from the right back slot...

fred binneys head

Key should be displacing Williams, allowing caprice to come back in as right back.

jimmy

Here's a thought, with the wings occupied why not play Key at center forward making a forward line of Randall, Key and Williams, speed and trickery on the break a bit like Brentford. Doubt it will happen, Matt seems set in the idea of a big bloke up front but in all fairness, I think Key is better in the air than Bowman.
Key had their tricky winger in his pocket first half...but I do like the idea of Key being given a forward role, Gareth Bale started as a full back and went further and further forward.

...and no, I'm not doubting the club's methods on developing a young player.....and yes, I am comparing Key to Bale! :p

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Key had their tricky winger in his pocket first half...but I do like the idea of Key being given a forward role, Gareth Bale started as a full back and went further and further forward.

...and no, I'm not doubting the club's methods on developing a young player.....and yes, I am comparing Key to Bale! :p
Josh was so good defensively yesterday that it seems a shame to move him forward so I wonder whether Jake Caprice could play at right wing instead. I was also wondering whether it might be a good idea to give Joel Randall a rest and allow Randell to develop his confidence playing on his natural side.