• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyo

Looks like clubs are already spending the PL bail out money before they get it ! UTC
It’s utterly ridiculous. There’s clubs crying poverty on one hand and then splashing the cash with the other. No wonder football is such a mess.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
It’s utterly ridiculous. There’s clubs crying poverty on one hand and then splashing the cash with the other. No wonder football is such a mess.
Absolutely. I honestly think it is a disgrace and is a significant contributing factor behind the political lack of desire to help football clubs. Some really dont help themselves do they!

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Do we know if these players are replacing ones that have left? Also the loan players, Are the clubs that are letting them go on loan to these clubs paying something or all towards their players wages? If we don't know the details we can't really judge their actions.

Banksy

Absolutely. I honestly think it is a disgrace and is a significant contributing factor behind the political lack of desire to help football clubs. Some really dont help themselves do they!
Correct.Happening both ends of the spectrum.PL rolling in it and swamp end tripping over themselves to spend every last penny they get in pursuit of that ‘big‘ promotion. Interesting that the Government have rightly helped non league with a grant but seem to be staying clear of this lot.

Boyo

Do we know if these players are replacing ones that have left? Also the loan players, Are the clubs that are letting them go on loan to these clubs paying something or all towards their players wages? If we don't know the details we can't really judge their actions.
Whether they are replacing players that have left is irrelevant. They’re still taking on costs that could be avoided. Maybe the loans are at zero cost, in which case fair enough, but that seems very unlikely.

DB9

Whether they are replacing players that have left is irrelevant. They’re still taking on costs that could be avoided. Maybe the loans are at zero cost, in which case fair enough, but that seems very unlikely.
It is relevant, If they are replacing players that have left then that's fair enough, Any team needs a decent sized squad, Again you're assuming with the loan players that these teams are paying all the costs when we don't know that for sure, They might be, They might not. It's not highly unlikely, The clubs they're loaned from might want these players to get that 1st team experience and part of that deal might be them still paying the wages etc, We just don't know.

Red Devon

Paul Cook and Roy Keane rumoured to be the front runners for the Salford City job.

sign of the chimes

Paul Cook and Roy Keane rumoured to be the front runners for the Salford City job.
Cook would be an incredible appointment for Salford, in my opinion. He's a very good football manager and man-manager.

On the surface it feels like a massive step back for him, given on the pitch he managed to lead a Wigan side with a bottom 5 Championship budget to mid-table safety on the pitch (obviously the points deduction did for them), and to my mind should be able to snare a post at a 'bigger' club than Salford - at the very least at the top-end of League 1 (I reckon if Sunderland had appointed him a couple of years ago they'd be flying).

However, he's got previous for taking on projects where he perecives clubs to have potential to progress (he left a L1 play-off reaching Chesterfield to join us after a lower-mid table L2 finish); and whatever you think of Salford (I'm not a fan), they've clearly got both ambition and clout. To be honest I'd have him back at Fratton Park quicker than you could say "could someone get that bloke with the bell to stop", but that isn't going to happen.

For giggles, I'd love to see Keane get the Salford job.

Red Devon

Cook would be an incredible appointment for Salford, in my opinion. He's a very good football manager and man-manager.

On the surface it feels like a massive step back for him, given on the pitch he managed to lead a Wigan side with a bottom 5 Championship budget to mid-table safety on the pitch (obviously the points deduction did for them), and to my mind should be able to snare a post at a 'bigger' club than Salford - at the very least at the top-end of League 1 (I reckon if Sunderland had appointed him a couple of years ago they'd be flying).

However, he's got previous for taking on projects where he perecives clubs to have potential to progress (he left a L1 play-off reaching Chesterfield to join us after a lower-mid table L2 finish); and whatever you think of Salford (I'm not a fan), they've clearly got both ambition and clout. To be honest I'd have him back at Fratton Park quicker than you could say "could someone get that bloke with the bell to stop", but that isn't going to happen.

Geographically it would fit for him along with being given all the tools needed to do the job, he must be very tempted thinking maybe there’s another two promotions to add to his cv there.

STURTZ

Keane has repeatedly failed as a manger at many levels, even his position as a pundit is a joke. Agree though that to see him getting sacked by Scholes and co would be very funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.