• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
17 in a couple of weeks Ant.
So is there a chance she could turn pro, or is our women’s side too far down the pyramid for that?

Rosencrantz

How does Chloe feel after making her first team debut Ian?
I'm going for "yeah, awright" out loud. Inside will be different though 🙂

grecIAN Harris

How does Chloe feel after making her first team debut Ian?
She enjoyed the experience but felt like a fish out of water playing up front on her own especially with the way City were set up, very deep generally.

DB9

She enjoyed the experience but felt like a fish out of water playing up front on her own especially with the way City were set up, very deep generally.
Tell her from us here on Exeweb well done, It was great she was picked and even better she got on the pitch, I'm sure the management team were pleased and this is the start of being involved more. Plus her being in the team and you Ian given us updates with the more public profile it seems this season is making the womens team more interesting for us to follow. (y)

fred binneys head

It speaks volumes to the talent of your daughter that City felt she was able to lead the line on her own against last season’s champions, aged only 16. Unbelievable really, very impressive indeed.

grecIAN Harris

It speaks volumes to the talent of your daughter that City felt she was able to lead the line on her own against last season’s champions, aged only 16. Unbelievable really, very impressive indeed.
City had a sixteen year old leading the line for the entire match as Connie Pengelley is sixteen also.

DB9

City had a sixteen year old leading the line for the entire match as Connie Pengelley is sixteen also.
Is the squad a young squad? Only asking because if they stick together they'll improve over the next few years.

grecIAN Harris

Of the ones that I know of Chloe, Esme, Connie and Phoebe Durkin are sixteen turning seventeen during the season and Mia Preston is seventeen turning eighteen during the season. On general appearance, I wouldn't have said there are any over 25. I'm not sure that there is anybody over 18 in the Development side.

DB9

Of the ones that I know of Chloe, Esme, Connie and Phoebe Durkin are sixteen turning seventeen during the season and Mia Preston is seventeen turning eighteen during the season. On general appearance, I wouldn't have said there are any over 25. I'm not sure that there is anybody over 18 in the Development side.
That is surely a squad to really build together and could be quite a force in the future.

andrew p long

Is the age of the squad also because the City Women's team is not all that long established at this level and that women's football - outside the top echelons- is developing fast?