• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Season Ticket Holders.

Matt Russell

No it's not. If a game is postponed, because of bad weather/waterlogged pitch. The game is replayed on a midweek night normally. If you can't get to the rearranged game, then you don't get that proportion refunded. You suck it up. I'm amazed that anyone bought a season ticket, and are expecting a refund. If you were that concerned then surely not buying it in the first place, would've been a better option.
Regardless of watkins money, that is coming in in instalments. City have lost a hell of a lot of money over the 6 months. Surely, any fans priority is to help the club they love, financially.

There are going to be a lot of clubs that are likely to go out of business. I certainly don't want city to be one
Having quoted post 72, I am surprised you missed post 77 which makes my own position clear.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having quoted post 72, I am surprised you missed post 77 which makes my own position clear.
I quoted this one, cos strangely enough, it was before post 77

City_Slicker

No it's not. If a game is postponed, because of bad weather/waterlogged pitch. The game is replayed on a midweek night normally. If you can't get to the rearranged game, then you don't get that proportion refunded. You suck it up. I'm amazed that anyone bought a season ticket, and are expecting a refund. If you were that concerned then surely not buying it in the first place, would've been a better option.
Regardless of watkins money, that is coming in in instalments. City have lost a hell of a lot of money over the 6 months. Surely, any fans priority is to help the club they love, financially.

There are going to be a lot of clubs that are likely to go out of business. I certainly don't want city to be one
Yes, but the postponed game is rearranged and played in front of a crowd - it is not played behind closed doors.

Red Monster

The bottom line is when we bought the season Tickets we knew we
would not be able to see some games and maybe a lot
of games and big part of my decision to buy one was to help
the club survive.
if we can’t go at all season if will really sad ,but I won’t be
demanding a refund.
I’m sure the club will work something out for all season ticket holders.
Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea but we can watch every
home game on I follow.

Nigel E

I’m sure the club will work something out for all season ticket holders.
This is the point really, we all need to show a bit of trust and patience that the club will devise options that will fit the needs of a wide range of people who have have bought season tickets for a variety of different reasons.

As can be seen from the example from Walsall shared above, this is not straightforward, and we need to be kind to the staff involved to allow them the time to do this.

Remember, our responses to this - as well as any Government, PL support etc - will likely determine operational decisions that the club has to take on staffing at the club.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm assuming those that want the full refund won't be watching the live stream on iFollow?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I'm liking this Walsall idea having the names of people who are willing to donate their S/T in a commemorative kit exactly the same as when we really were in the brown stuff all those years ago.

Last time wasn't it £500 each that was donated by fans for the black shirt that had their name embroidered ?
U.T.C.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm liking this Walsall idea having the names of people who are willing to donate their S/T in a commemorative kit exactly the same as when we really were in the brown stuff all those years ago.

Last time wasn't it £500 each that was donated by fans for the black shirt that had their name embroidered ?
U.T.C.
They were sold at £50 a pop as a "Centenary Shirt". The Club got permission to use them in FA Cup matches. The £500 figure was the pledges made by fans under the Red or Dead scheme to pay off the CVA. The cash made from the Man Utd games took care of the CVA and so Red or Dead was wound up, with monies already received were either returned or donated for specific uses within the Club, according to the personal wishes.

Absolutely no reason why we couldn't do it again to mark an auspicious occasion.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The ones with the names embroidered ? I thought those were Red or Dead.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
They were sold at £50 a pop as a "Centenary Shirt". The Club got permission to use them in FA Cup matches. The £500 figure was the pledges made by fans under the Red or Dead scheme to pay off the CVA. The cash made from the Man Utd games took care of the CVA and so Red or Dead was wound up, with monies already received were either returned or donated for specific uses within the Club, according to the personal wishes.

Absolutely no reason why we couldn't do it again to mark an auspicious occasion.
I don't think any Red or Dead money was returned..As I recall, a decision was made to use it for other club purposes...