• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New Ground Feasibility Study

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great take.

Except a) the university don’t want the land, why would they?
b) the fans don’t want a new stadium and therefore, because we own the club,
c) the club don’t want a new stadium.
Your fantasies and your pathological desire to attack our club get more deluded by the day.
A) Agree that the Uni might not want the land but you can bet there are lots that would love a City Centre plot of land.

B) We don't know that for sure, Only by what a % say on here (I am in that % mind) Yes we own our club but not the ground.

C) Why have they agreed to be part of this feasibility study? It might come to nothing then again it might.

Fareham Grecian

A) Agree that the Uni might not want the land but you can bet there are lots that would love a City Centre plot of land.

B) We don't know that for sure, Only by what a % say on here (I am in that % mind) Yes we own our club but not the ground.

C) Why have they agreed to be part of this feasibility study? It might come to nothing then again it might.
A) It is protected for sporting use only, so no use at all to developers
B) Fair point but I would bet a large sum on our shared opinion being in the overwhelming majority
C) Very good question to which I have no answer 😂

Dannyred

Great take.

Except a) the university don’t want the land, why would they?
b) the fans don’t want a new stadium and therefore, because we own the club,
c) the club don’t want a new stadium.
Your fantasies and your pathological desire to attack our club get more deluded by the day.
A) They don’t want the land 😂

B) Speak for yourself as I know fans who do plus doesn’t El President want to move. Fans Don’t own the club, you may of been brainwashed in believing you do.

C) Again wasn’t The President interested in a new stadium plus I know of several people within the club who think a new stadium is the way forward. I don’t believe wanting the club to improve is attacking them in the way you put it but hey you still believe you own a football club, what percentage will you receive as an owner for the player sales ? You own nothing more than any city fan who is in the trust or not in it.

LOG

From the announcement of the study:

"The supporter survey, conducted in 2018, informed us that moving to a new stadium is an option the majority of Trust members and non-members would only consider as a last resort and we fully intend to honour that view. However, it is important to understand exactly what ground relocation would entail, in terms of cost, general benefit, but also how it protects the sustainability of our ethos and ownership model, which has kept us in such good shape these past 17 years."

DB9

A) It is protected for sporting use only, so no use at all to developers
B) Fair point but I would bet a large sum on our shared opinion being in the overwhelming majority
C) Very good question to which I have no answer 😂
That's roughly a shared view (y) The protected for sporting use only, is that able to be changed by say the Council or others? I genuinely don't know.

I wonder if there has been a study on clubs at our level (Forget the PL clubs) who have moved into a new stadium on whether it has improved their incomings or are more used on non-footballing days or those that have moved is because it has only wiped out a debt by selling to developers?

DB9

From the announcement of the study:

"The supporter survey, conducted in 2018, informed us that moving to a new stadium is an option the majority of Trust members and non-members would only consider as a last resort and we fully intend to honour that view. However, it is important to understand exactly what ground relocation would entail, in terms of cost, general benefit, but also how it protects the sustainability of our ethos and ownership model, which has kept us in such good shape these past 17 years."

So its not a definate "No" Just it would be a last resort?

LOG

So its not a definate "No" Just it would be a last resort?
That's what it says and, to me, a last resort would mean that it's the difference between having a football club or not.

Reactions: WXF

DB9

That's what it says and, to me, a last resort would mean that it's the difference between having a football club or not.
Or keeping a "Conspircy" going, Until the Council want the land and offer us a new bit of land to build one on. ;)

Boyo

I wonder if there has been a study on clubs at our level (Forget the PL clubs) who have moved into a new stadium on whether it has improved their incomings or are more used on non-footballing days or those that have moved is because it has only wiped out a debt by selling to developers?
I really hope that any feasibility study includes this. The range of uses of Colchester's stadium on non match-days is quite enlightening. Understanding the impact on revenue would be good to see. Hypothetically, say Colchester make £1m a year more than us in non-footbal related stadium use, then people's perceptions about moving may change.

DB9

I really hope that any feasibility study includes this. The range of uses of Colchester's stadium on non match-days is quite enlightening. Understanding the impact on revenue would be good to see. Hypothetically, say Colchester make £1m a year more than us in non-footbal related stadium use, then people's perceptions about moving may change.
It would be great to see proper facts that moving has improved things for those clubs. Moving stadiums is very emotive for many fans but if the facts are undeniable that it really helps with finances then that should be taken into consideration, If the opposite that also should be a factor into not moving.