• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably fair in their current incarnation except maybe for the acceptance (understanding) of the past.

I wouldn't have said Corbyn's Labour ticked many, if any, of these boxes either. Starmer's Labour perhaps does a few but still early days.
Can you tell me the relevance of constantly bringing up (not literally) the name of Corbyn. It"s like you and others think it's a kind of hand whip to crack when all else fails. Corbyn was removed from the Labour Party - remember? Starmer is the new leader - remember? Shall we keep reminding you of Cameron's failings on every page? Or May's? If you're gonna play cricket play fair . Corbyn is the past, get it?

IndoMike

Good to be so tolerant

And your point is ?
I'll give you a chance to explain before I report this post for racism. There is another post from a couple of days ago from another poster that is also clearly racist without any doubt. I thought I'd be patient but it would be immoral of me to be so any longer.
Perhaps this time Exeweb will deal with it for a change
So, Moaner, the point of your post is..?

IndoMike

I'm just asking, not sure why the personal attack is warranted. Apologies for not having the perception to read into your inner mind.
Apology accepted

IndoMike

Thank you RP. What you set out explains why I described Mike’s post as “disappointing”
Dear Ali,

If you are disappointed with that post, the logical conclusion is that you think NO DEAL is bad for the UK. Can you confirm that you think it is bad for the UK?
And. .isn't it true (as I posted yesterday but you didn't reply) that when people voted in the referendum there was no mention of DEAL, DEAL with details, or NO DEAL ?
So whatever the outcome is (DEAL or NO DEAL) no BREXIT voter should be surprised or disappointed. But if they are, they should say so.
It"s up to you now to explain what the problem is with my post and WHY you are disappointed.
Best wishes
Mike

elginCity

Does it really matter when it happened ?
A Swiss right wing party is thumped in a recent referendum and your direct response is to dredge up an isolated incident from 5 years ago, that happened in another country, and a sarcastic comment.

Pathetic, Ramone.

Last edited:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you tell me the relevance of constantly bringing up (not literally) the name of Corbyn. It"s like you and others think it's a kind of hand whip to crack when all else fails. Corbyn was removed from the Labour Party - remember? Starmer is the new leader - remember? Shall we keep reminding you of Cameron's failings on every page? Or May's? If you're gonna play cricket play fair . Corbyn is the past, get it?
Relevance is Politics has been for a while a "plague on all their houses"

Corbyn's brand of Labour was/is fundamentally racist, has no truck with people who dont agree 'eff off and join the Tories' was a refrain and the 'cancel culture'
refrain is dangerous. It was incompetent beyond belief

Swinson's LD's were undemocratic. Cleggs shamlessness over tution fees will linger long

Sturgeon's SNP have issues with the truth, with bullying and an increasingly intolerant attitude to anyone who puts them under the spotlight

My point is that all parties have a lot of work to do, imho, to meet the aspirations I set out - not just Johnson and Co.

Re stuffing public bodies with your own appointees, Blair and Campbell started this with their mass quango formation and appointment of soft left figures to chair them all. It has been forever thus since, not unique to Johnson and Cummins.

Bad politics did not just start last November.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Relevance is Politics has been for a while a "plague on all their houses"

Corbyn's brand of Labour was/is fundamentally racist, has no truck with people who dont agree 'eff off and join the Tories' was a refrain and the 'cancel culture'
refrain is dangerous. It was incompetent beyond belief

Swinson's LD's were undemocratic. Cleggs shamlessness over tution fees will linger long

Sturgeon's SNP have issues with the truth, with bullying and an increasingly intolerant attitude to anyone who puts them under the spotlight

My point is that all parties have a lot of work to do, imho, to meet the aspirations I set out - not just Johnson and Co.

Re stuffing public bodies with your own appointees, Blair and Campbell started this with their mass quango formation and appointment of soft left figures to chair them all. It has been forever thus since, not unique to Johnson and Cummins.

Bad politics did not just start last November.
Yes, I know no party is perfect, but Starmer has made it clear that he is cutting away from Corbyn and has already kicked out MPs with Corbynist views. And Starmer has already apologized to those of the Jewish faith regarding anti-Jewish comments and met with Jewish leaders.
But you don't want to go with that : it's always back to Corbyn again and again. Give Starmer a chance, FGS.
This idea that we learn from our past mistakes is also a fallacy. Some people learn from past mistakes sometimes, but it's not a given.
Back to your other point. I am convinced that many leaders are becoming more authoritarian because quite frankly it is now hard for them to "control" the people : social media has given EVERYONE the chance to express their views and the leaders can't get away with as much bs as they used to. Their only way to deal with that is to gradually limit the powers of mass social media and/ or become more authoritarian. They will indeed introduce more measures to do.that. So imo more freedom to express ourselves will ironically lead to less freedom.
We all know politics is a dirty game : what you posted in your utopian list of how things should be is correct. The reason that I focus on the Tory Party is that at the moment they have the power and control the game. I confess that neither Labour nor the Green Party can do much from the sidelines except try to scrutinize the Govt.
Since Labour cannot actually effect change in a direct way there's not much to say about them. Obviously one tends to criticise the Govt, not the opposition .
I have semi- supported Rizi, I've said that I thought Raab was a decent and honest bloke, and even once or twice said good things about Johnson. But the overwhelming factor is that there is very little else to praise Johnson and his Cabinet for and that can't be avoided

Alistair20000

Dear Ali,

If you are disappointed with that post, the logical conclusion is that you think NO DEAL is bad for the UK. Can you confirm that you think it is bad for the UK?
And. .isn't it true (as I posted yesterday but you didn't reply) that when people voted in the referendum there was no mention of DEAL, DEAL with details, or NO DEAL ?
So whatever the outcome is (DEAL or NO DEAL) no BREXIT voter should be surprised or disappointed. But if they are, they should say so.
It"s up to you now to explain what the problem is with my post and WHY you are disappointed.
Best wishes
Mike
Good morning Mike

i gratefully adopted RP's reasoning to explain why I regarded your post as "disappointing." To say it all again would be mere repetition.

As regards Deal or No Deal it depends on the terms. If the EU continues to make unrealistic demands and that leads to No Deal so be it. If a sensible negotiation is achieved that is in the interests of both sides that will be a Good Deal..............for all parties.

A sensible deal is unlikely to deliver what the extremists (on both sides) are looking for.

Yours aye

Ali

lamrobhero

In other news Laurence Fox is launching a new political party, Apparently it's a sort of "Ukip for culture" Can't see it doing much, Maybe more of a protest party?
Yea another toff based "whinge and moan" party backed by oligarchs.

lamrobhero

It took Ramone less than an hour to show you why that is unlikely to happen anytime soon
The fundamental is the equalisation of power.