• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Why only Conservative MPs? It’s been widely published across most media that MPs of other parties have regularly flouted the rules - why haven’t you included them in your post?
Because it doesn't suit micky's agenda to publish those bits , You should know by now where his affiliations lay.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
First paragraph : because it's Johnson implying that the people are not obeying the rules, and he's a Conservative. Bloody cheek when he didn"t censure Cummings or various other Tory MPs when they didn't adhere to the rules. The fact is SOME are not obeying the rules but MOST are. As I said before, if he'd said "We have made many mistakes dealing with covid , we apologize for that and will try to do better. So we ask you not to make mistakes, too" then perhaps a little bit of honesty and humility might earn him respect, rather than trying to avoid accountability himself.
But people AREN’T obeying the rules. You yourself have said most are, which by default means some are not. Ergo people are not obeying the rules. Why is that so difficult to understand? He never said everyone was disobeying, you never said everyone was obeying, therefore you’re merely confirming what he said.

fred binneys head

But not all people are telling everyone else to obey the rules. It’s the hypocrisy that I think is being called out by Mike isn’t it? How can the government set the rules, tell everyone to obey them, punish those that don’t obey them and then break them themselves? That’s the question.

Either that or I’ve read it wrong and can go back to watching the fight from the sidelines.

tavyred

The ‘Dominic Cummings broke the rules, so why shouldn’t I?’ line is becoming moronic.

Mr Jinx

The ‘Dominic Cummings broke the rules, so why shouldn’t I?’ line is becoming moronic.
Indeed. If it wasn't him, they'd just cite someone else.

fred binneys head

Not really, it’s an example of poor government. Your quote above might be “moronic” in your view, but it’s what a lot of people in the country will think when they are told to follow lots of significantly life-affecting rules and then find out the government aren’t following their own rules. It isn’t rocket science.

fred binneys head

Indeed. If it wasn't him, they'd just cite someone else.
Of course, what’s wrong with calling out hypocrisy?

Rosencrantz

It was more what came after, the denial, the lack of apology, the ludicrous excuses. It smacks of we can do what we want, screw you lot. Not an attitude that would go down well in the former red wall I would have thought.

All goes back to leadership and accountability or lack thereof.

Spoonz Red E

For me, it wasn't Cummings breaking the rules that was the main issue.
It was the mindboggling effort of the Government to convince us that he wasn't and the bald faced lies trotted out in the rose garden presser.
This, at a time when people were dying alone or unvisited in care homes causing huge anguish to those who were following the same rules.

tavyred

Not really, it’s an example of poor government. Your quote above might be “moronic” in your view, but it’s what a lot of people in the country will think when they are told to follow lots of significantly life-affecting rules and then find out the government aren’t following their own rules. It isn’t rocket science.
The alleged DC transgressions haven’t altered my willingness to follow the rules, have they you?