• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mansfield Town v Exeter City MDT

tonykellowfan

There are a lot of games to play this year in a short space of time, it was good news to have selection dilemmas.

Both Jay and Law will play plenty of games this season.

But it is highly likely that Law will be released at the end of his contract whereas Jay will be kept.

jimbo-gould

We are currently having more possession in every game we play and its noticeable too.

51% v Salford
62% v Vale
54% today

Randall is an attacking midfielder who is playing a position that Law can also play. Personally I'd start Law ahead of him for now and keep Jay on too.
We don’t just need more possession than the opposition, we need to dominate.

So Law on the wing? That’s gone down well in the past.

JCWhoosh

I think it's great that MT has a selection headache and the youth are showing that they are good enough. If they have a dip (which would be understandable) then having Law etc as a back up is ideal. Just goes to show that MT did well in releasing the 8 players knowing that the youth is ready. Wage bill down, these players in the market for future sales (win win).

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it's great that MT has a selection headache and the youth are showing that they are good enough. If they have a dip (which would be understandable) then having Law etc as a back up is ideal. Just goes to show that MT did well in releasing the 8 players knowing that the youth is ready. Wage bill down, these players in the market for future sales (win win).
Nail firmly bashed on head