• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
My understanding is that the budget has been brought to a cost neutral position as a result of the action taken due to COVID19. Prior to the curtailment of the season, we were losing a whack (although this loss was budgeted for).
Budgeted or Not Martin, It's very sobering when you read it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Budgeted or Not Martin, It's very sobering when you read it.
Yep, it is indeed. This is going to be the dawn of a new era!

Dannyred

20,000 watching football in Budapest tonight

iscalad

20,000 watching football in Budapest tonight
And?

Oldsmobile-88

Report of the potential EFL bailout from the PL.
The Grecians get a mention in the last paragraph.

denzel

Report of the potential EFL bailout from the PL.
The Grecians get a mention in the last paragraph.
I'm not sure I like the undertone in that article. There suggests that there is a possibility that clubs like Birmingham and us who have profited from player sales will receive less money.
Why not just give a pro rata payment to each club?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure I like the undertone in that article. There suggests that there is a possibility that clubs like Birmingham and us who have profited from player sales will receive less money.
It should be simple. Payments should be there to cover match-day income not being received as fans aren't allowed. Given we have detailled historic data going way back, in the public domain, on attendances, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the authorities to distribute fairly, almost on a match by match basis. We were due to host Salford on a Tuesday night in November. We get less for that game than we would if we were playing Bolton on a Saturday in September.

Payments shouldn't just turn clubs that were loss-making due to living beyond their means into profit-making clubs.

IndoMike

I will be absolutely fuming if the clubs that are in difficulty purely down to their own poor or dodgy ownership are subsidised whilst City, financially responsible, are not.
I would imagine that Taggy and the two boards will pull their hair out if that is the case, too.
However, clubs that have been responsible but in difficulty only because they have a very small fan base should be helped.

IndoMike

It should be simple. Payments should be there to cover match-day income not being received as fans aren't allowed. Given we have detailled historic data going way back, in the public domain, on attendances, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of the authorities to distribute fairly, almost on a match by match basis. We were due to host Salford on a Tuesday night in November. We get less for that game than we would if we were playing Bolton on a Saturday in September.

Payments shouldn't just turn clubs that were loss-making due to living beyond their means into profit-making clubs.
Good idea, but might be too much work for the authorities.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will be absolutely fuming if the clubs that are in difficulty purely down to their own poor or dodgy ownership are subsidised whilst City, financially responsible, are not.
I would imagine that Taggy and the two boards will pull their hair out if that is the case, too.
However, clubs that have been responsible but in difficulty only because they have a very small fan base should be helped.
Why? If they only have a very small fan base, they aren't losing as much by the lack of fans.

They should be helped for the fact that those fans are legally not allowed to attend (including expected away attendance) and directly related income such as match-day hospitality, bar, pie, programme sales - nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.