• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

League 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmanGrecian

I don't see how Mansfield's players don't have to self isolate for 14 days if the T&T advice is followed?

Cue the "Bowman still woudn't score" jokes
Looking at the Mansfield forum there are a few who say that the rules are isolation if you are within 2m of an individual for a prolonged period (over 15 minutes). They believe a football match doesn't meet this criteria over 90 minutes.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quite so, Premiership and to a lesser extent , Championship are insulated with sponsor monies.The EFL wanted the lower leagues to accompany them playing with no such protection only non existent game receipts a recipe for some going bust.Talk about turkeys voting for Christmas.
I didn't realise that players were no longer being tested in the EFL. Ironically the only reason we know the Orient players have the virus is because Spurs paid for their players to be tested before their upcoming cup match.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking at the Mansfield forum there are a few who say that the rules are isolation if you are within 2m of an individual for a prolonged period (over 15 minutes). They believe a football match doesn't meet this criteria over 90 minutes.
That's true. However the same rules also say that if you are within 1m for more than a few seconds, you also need to isolate.

Either Mansfield have a very relaxed approach to defending or those that played on Saturday should (by the rules) be isolating.

Reactions: Ash

Boyo

Really bad news as this demonstrates that the virus will spread around football teams. Presumably Mansfield and Plymouth will now have to test their entire playing squad and staff. If Positive cases are found then lower league football will grind to a halt very quickly. Surely players and staff need regular testing?

Boyo

There's speculation that as many as 18 players and staff at Orient tested positive. However they don't want to forfeit their game tonight vs Spurs as they would likely lose their Sky TV income of £125k. Some think they may try to cobble a team together involving academy players to fulfill the fixture.

If I was Spurs, there's no way I'd want to play in that game. It presents the possibility that Orient claim they can field a team, but then Spurs refuse, in which case they would be forfeiting the game.

I appreciate that's mainly speculation, but jeez what a farce.

Reactions: Ash

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's speculation that as many as 18 players and staff at Orient tested positive. However they don't want to forfeit their game tonight vs Spurs as they would likely lose their Sky TV income of £125k. Some think they may try to cobble a team together involving academy players to fulfill the fixture.

If I was Spurs, there's no way I'd want to play in that game. It presents the possibility that Orient claim they can field a team, but then Spurs refuse, in which case they would be forfeiting the game.

I appreciate that's mainly speculation, but jeez what a farce.
And very naive on the part of the FA/EFL not to have an agreed protocol for this entirely foreseeable eventuality.

Are Sky going the pay £125k for Orient reserves/u18 vs Spurs reserves anyway

Spurs could just give Orient the £125k. Loose change.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking at the Governments new guidence, I can't see the NL starting a season without fans, They may suspend it, Thus no relegation from L2? Mind how many clubs will be around in March is anyone's guess

IndoMike

Error

Dannyred

Stevenage and there sponsor latest video is superb. ( I don’t like them ) but great work plus 1.2 million views so far, Shirts sold out.

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Stevenage and there sponsor latest video is superb. ( I don’t like them ) but great work plus 1.2 million views so far, Shirts sold out.
Even as someone who intensely dislikes the likes of Burger King & other American fast food franchises I have to say that was a smart move.

Status
Not open for further replies.