• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What song are You listening to Right Now???

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Barrel - Aldous Harding.

If LOG is reading this, you'll like this song. Reminiscent of Belle and Sebastien.

Colesman Ballz

Forever intertwined with Mazzy Star and The Sundays in my mind, wandering about various parts of Europe with my trusty Sony Walkman and a bag full of tapes. Except for the week spent in Helsinki on a whim, where I had the Walkman but forgot the tapes, and wandered around with Sheryl Crow's eponymous album on repeat 😂
Sounds like a case of we do what we can although no one said it would be easy ! 😎

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Carolina in My Mind

LOG

The Barrel - Aldous Harding.

If LOG is reading this, you'll like this song. Reminiscent of Belle and Sebastien.
In between playing the theme tune to Allo Allo on Discover Weekly and recommending some unlistenable German techno, Spotify did manage to pick this one out for me a while back (y)

Red Devon

Kim Petras 🤩 - Malibu

dontpassback

Have you ever seen the rain CCR

IndoMike

"Angelou"
Van Morrison.
Memories of an old flame ❤

Grecian2K

Not quite a "song"...more a whole album (but one that hangs together almost as a coherent whole)
The Red Planet - the new album by Rick Wakeman.
If your only interest is two minute, three chord thrashes then probably not your thing.
But if you're into lengthy, thoughtful music played by real musicians (ok then, "prog"! :rolleyes:) then well worth a visit.
Complete with olde schoole synths (both mono and poly) plus, of course, generous lashes of Rick's "huge throbbing organ"!) [Ooh err missus :eek:]
And if you have a hankering for the "glory days" of the likes of Genesis, Oldfield, Focus, Caravan, Van Der Graf plus, of course, Yes (but WITHOUT Mr Anderson's impenetrable lyrics!) this could be for you.
And, it seems to be a "grower" with repeated listenings. Even first time round I'd given it an 8 or 9 out of 10. With a few more plays at least in my ears the rating has already been cranked (in best Spinal Tap mode) well past 11!

Spoonz Red E

"Angelou"
Van Morrison.
Memories of an old flame ❤
You can often get unexpected flame ups with a Morrison stove in your van.

Oldsmobile-88

Listening to Steely Dans debut album Can’t Buy a Thrill.
Never listened to them before except for the well known tracks like Reeling in the Years & Ricky don’t use that number...Gotta say it’s quite good with a little funk influence on some tracks..Released in 1972 so i’m late to the party 😎