• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure saw his name mentioned in a report the other day although I can't find it now.
"However, just before half-time City scored. Charlie Hanson found Frank Lovett, and the forward rolled his shot under the goalkeeper to half the deficit."

MerleyRed

"However, just before half-time City scored. Charlie Hanson found Frank Lovett, and the forward rolled his shot under the goalkeeper to half the deficit."
Thanks for that Spoonz, I should have read the report rather than give up when I saw there were no line-ups listed. Good to get confirmation that he is still with us.

rooecfc

Sonny Cox on trial at Chelsea, he put a photo of his training kit on his Instagram story.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sonny Cox on trial at Chelsea, he put a photo of his training kit on his Instagram story.
He has been trialling all over the place. He is another one that is unlikely to stay very long. Hey ho!

rooecfc

He has been trialling all over the place. He is another one that is unlikely to stay very long. Hey ho!
used to it at this point arent we...

Exehausted

That's a shame, of all the club's that you wouldn't want him to go to. On the plus side it's only a trial and he could get trials elsewhere like Ben Chrisene did. I said earlier in this thread that I feared he might be tempted away when he's 17. Our youth scheme seems to be going in two directions. The ones who work their way to our first team and are helping to improve our first team squad. Then the ones who we never see (other than the odd appearance in one of the minor cups) that make us some very useful money to improve and strengthen the Youth scheme. This wont be a popular opinion as I'm aware that a lot of people are angry that this keeps happening and feel that these youngsters and their parents are using the club to take them so far and then deserting us, showing no loyalty. However, it's precisely because parents are fully aware that they can do this that they let their youngsters stay with us, often from the age of 7 when they could move on long before they are 14. They don't have to take the risk of their sons being denied the opportunity of joining a big club because we wont let them leave for anything less than a huge fee. Use the year between 16 and 17 to have trials with a plethora of clubs if there is any interest and if not, sit tight and sign a deal with us, if we offer one. They don't all get a deal of course and are let go, as has been shown with the pre season games that had a lot of former City trainees playing against us, so it cuts both ways. If Sonny does go before becoming a full time pro it will be another feather in the Academy's cap, but more importantly another chunk of cash.

ryancooper327

Hopefully this gets updated at some point so we can see who is in the u18s

Arthur Davey

That's a shame, of all the club's that you wouldn't want him to go to. On the plus side it's only a trial and he could get trials elsewhere like Ben Chrisene did. I said earlier in this thread that I feared he might be tempted away when he's 17. Our youth scheme seems to be going in two directions. The ones who work their way to our first team and are helping to improve our first team squad. Then the ones who we never see (other than the odd appearance in one of the minor cups) that make us some very useful money to improve and strengthen the Youth scheme. This wont be a popular opinion as I'm aware that a lot of people are angry that this keeps happening and feel that these youngsters and their parents are using the club to take them so far and then deserting us, showing no loyalty. However, it's precisely because parents are fully aware that they can do this that they let their youngsters stay with us, often from the age of 7 when they could move on long before they are 14. They don't have to take the risk of their sons being denied the opportunity of joining a big club because we wont let them leave for anything less than a huge fee. Use the year between 16 and 17 to have trials with a plethora of clubs if there is any interest and if not, sit tight and sign a deal with us, if we offer one. They don't all get a deal of course and are let go, as has been shown with the pre season games that had a lot of former City trainees playing against us, so it cuts both ways. If Sonny does go before becoming a full time pro it will be another feather in the Academy's cap, but more importantly another chunk of cash.
Quite 😏

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like how the Birmingham Mail do a story on Matt's comments on Ollie and doing it the "right way" and not mentioning Ben Chrisene at all.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manager-sends-ollie-watkins-message-18953308.amp

budegrecian

I like how the Birmingham Mail do a story on Matt's comments on Ollie and doing it the "right way" and not mentioning Ben Chrisene at all.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manager-sends-ollie-watkins-message-18953308.amp
Can we get a copy sent to Sonny Cox & his parents.