• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Randell Williams joins Exeter City from Watford

budegrecian

He is still an employee of the club so he's entitiled to his wages, Down to the management whether they play him or not.
Don't disagree at all; absolutely he's entitled. & I'm assuming we're not playing him to avoid him getting injured. I'm just pointing out however that this situation does have a cost.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't disagree at all; absolutely he's entitled. & I'm assuming we're not playing him to avoid him getting injured. I'm just pointing out however that this situation does have a cost.
It does, I can't understand why its dragging too, Its not as if there are image rights, big sponsors involved, He's a L2 slugger not Messi!

STURTZ

We also have to face the fact that people who work in football tend to know a lot more than the fans.

I was amazed at the amount of interest in Mackie when he was here, he looked like a L2 striker at best, yet off he goes to the Championship (and PL) and has a decent career at a much higher level.
Mackie went on an amazing run and was absolutely instoppable before he left us to join the Slime, any body could see he was different class, the other similarity with Williams was that GrecIan didn't rate him.

grecIAN Harris

Mackie went on an amazing run and was absolutely instoppable before he left us to join the Slime, any body could see he was different class, the other similarity with Williams was that GrecIan didn't rate him.
Mackie went on a bus run (nothing for ages and then loads of goals all at once). He worked bloody hard and was a pain in the arse for defenders but was nothing special otherwise.
Williams could be something if he can get the penny to drop and that's what frustrates me so. Will the penny drop? As I've said before, Watford weren't sure that it would which is why he came to us for nothing.

Ash

Mackie went on a bus run (nothing for ages and then loads of goals all at once). He worked bloody hard and was a pain in the arse for defenders but was nothing special otherwise.
Williams could be something if he can get the penny to drop and that's what frustrates me so. Will the penny drop? As I've said before, Watford weren't sure that it would which is why he came to us for nothing.
You don't get that many assists in a season without doing a lot of things right, particularly as we have forwards who love missing chances. He's got bags of talent and lots of skill, he managed those stats last season despite not being the quickest.
I think he'll make it in the Championship.

Rosencrantz

You don't get that many assists in a season without doing a lot of things right, particularly as we have forwards who love missing chances. He's got bags of talent and lots of skill, he managed those stats last season despite not being the quickest.
His pace isn't an issue.

Ash

His pace isn't an issue.
The point I was making was that I don't think there is an issue, at least not in terms of him succeeding at Championship level.

grecIAN Harris

Again, I refer to what I said earlier in the week about Randell. Last season he was somewhat of an unknown quantity. This season the opposition know what he is about. He likes the ball to his feet, very rarely looks to move on to a pass, has nothing to write home about with his right foot and doesn't do a physical contest. So you get touch tight to him, stand on his left foot and rough him up a bit just like Northampton did in the play off final. Tell me how effective he was that night?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Greasy, didn't you used to say Watkins was a one trick pony ?

STURTZ

Again, I refer to what I said earlier in the week about Randell. Last season he was somewhat of an unknown quantity. This season the opposition know what he is about. He likes the ball to his feet, very rarely looks to move on to a pass, has nothing to write home about with his right foot and doesn't do a physical contest. So you get touch tight to him, stand on his left foot and rough him up a bit just like Northampton did in the play off final. Tell me how effective he was that night?
Randall was rightly touted as our best player that day and Northampton rightly put two men on him, he received some aweful treatment. One early assassination attempt deserved a sending off but it was probably too early for that. Williams didn't get the support he needed and Northampton had done their job, Randelll was nullified as would anyone else be under those circumstances.