• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TdF 2020

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
David Millar is predicting that Pogacar will blow up.
He is unproven over a three week grand tour and he is burning a lot of matches animating the race on the climbs chasing time lost in the crosswinds. However everyone is unproven until they get a good placing in a grand tour.

Rosencrantz

I see Simon Yates won the Tirenno Adriatico with G in second. Should set them both up well for the Giro. With Bernal clearly not in top shape with G and Froome also not looking great in the Dauphine, I think Ineos made the right choices. Jumbo-Visma have been so strong, G trying to ride into form wouldn't have made much of a difference in winning.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The German lad Lennard Kamna is having a very good Tour.

Red Devon

Big day tomorrow gotta feeling Pogacar is going to try and rip the thing up on the way up to Meribel.

Rosencrantz

Big day tomorrow gotta feeling Pogacar is going to try and rip the thing up on the way up to Meribel.
He has to go for it really and try to get that time gap down before the ITT. The fight for third should be interesting as well, they can't leave Richie Porte in a good place for the ITT but he is looking strong and it would be nice to see him on the podium. Can they isolate Roglic though? Jumbo-Visma have put in a very Team Sky performance so far.

The German lad Lennard Kamna is having a very good Tour.
We've seen some very promising young riders on this tour. Bora Hansgrohe look like they are planning for life after Sagan. I've been impressed with Sunweb looking for stage wins now Dumoulin has left. Didn't go their way today but they have been in the mix a lot. Good to see Ineos hunt stage wins now their GC race is gone.

Alistair20000

Is it still going on ?

Rosencrantz

Is it still going on ?
Almost there Ali, just to Sunday 🙂.

Defining stage today it seemed. Bahrain McLaren tried to burn off Jumbo-Visma and had a good go but Landa didn't ultimately have the legs. The strength in depth of Jumbo-Visma showed when Dumoulin broke, Sepp Kuss had a stormer and set Roglic up to surely seal the Yellow Jersey in Paris. Pogacar just couldn't get back to him and the lead should be sufficient barring disasters.

Miguel Angel Lopez was the big winner cementing that third podium position. Even with Richie Porte's time trial skills the gap will need a stellar performance and a bad one from Lopez to claw back the time.

Shout out to Richard Carapaz again for attacking. It's been a bad tour for Ineos but he has shown the last couple of days why he was signed. A grand tour winner already and capable of leading for Ineos.

Red Devon

Defining stage today it seemed. Bahrain McLaren tried to burn off Jumbo-Visma and had a good go but Landa didn't ultimately have the legs. The strength in depth of Jumbo-Visma showed when Dumoulin broke, Sepp Kuss had a stormer and set Roglic up to surely seal the Yellow Jersey in Paris. Pogacar just couldn't get back to him and the lead should be sufficient barring disasters.

Miguel Angel Lopez was the big winner cementing that third podium position. Even with Richie Porte's time trial skills the gap will need a stellar performance and a bad one from Lopez to claw back the time.

Shout out to Richard Carapaz again for attacking. It's been a bad tour for Ineos but he has shown the last couple of days why he was signed. A grand tour winner already and capable of leading for Ineos.
It was impressive stuff from Bahrain McLaren to stay on the front for so long like they did some of that climbing was absolutely brutal yesterday, Roglic is now looking like a very classy bike rider indeed.

Alistair20000

When I saw a map with Meribel on it I assumed they had switched to skiing

Rosencrantz

When I saw a map with Meribel on it I assumed they had switched to skiing
Easier skiing down there than riding your bike up 🙂