• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What date will we be back watching live football at SJP Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcy Sid

The government have been indicating an October socially distanced return to football stadiums and there have been various test cases (Chelsea v Brighton friendly and apparently at some other game whereby you chuck a ball down a wicket and hit it with a bat!) which have been deemed to be a success. On the flip side however the cases of coronavirus have been creeping up again and we now have new restrictions coming into force regarding the size of gatherings. The club have been collecting information from season ticket holders in relation to whom they attend matches with and whether or not they are in the same social bubble so that they can work out some kind of socially distanced seating plan for SJP. Presumably once this is done they will be able to ascertain how many tickets they are able to issue to non season ticket holders at any given game. Looking at the fixtures I think Cambridge at home on 3rd October will be too early but there may be a possibility of something later in the month. I don't think they would do the first one on a Tuesday evening so that rules out Crawley on Tuesday 20th. The next two are then Scunthorpe on Sat 24th and Carlisle Sat 31st. I'm going to be optimistic and go with my heart and predict that we will be back for the Carlisle game! (My head though unfortunately thinks that we could still be watching ECFC v Forest Green Rovers on I player whilst eating turkey sarnies!) Any thoughts?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
November if we're lucky

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given how frit the Government is, February.

Of course the fact that no of cases, and hospital admissions in the South West and in Exeter specifically remain incredibly low won't be taken into account

More people died on the M5 at the weekend than from Covid in the South West in the whole of the last week.
The M5 remains open, St James Park remains shut

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know as much as Boris - fook all

Dannyred

We will be back in lockdown again before fans get a chance to return.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm going for August 2021

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll be there before November is out.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a thought but couldn't clubs sell hospitality packages and still stay within the guidelines ?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just a thought but couldn't clubs sell hospitality packages and still stay within the guidelines ?
That is a area that will not be reopened when fans are allowed back in limited numbers.
I doubt that thought is on the radar.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a area that will not be reopened when fans are allowed back in limited numbers.
I doubt that thought is on the radar.
Makes sense to me to let a family group into hospitality safe together.

Oh well greater minds than mine (not difficult) are all over it I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.