• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F1 2020

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another red flag. Can the man on pole keep the lead this time? Can Russell get a point or two? Williams v Ferrari shows how far the drop has been. He was keeping Vettel behind him comfortably before the red flag.

Rosencrantz

More entertaining race than first feared although the DRS advantage in to turn one was the only realistic overtaking position and it looked quite easy once you got there. Great drivers track and the speed through the corners was great, but if it wasn't for the incidents, it would have been all about turn one.

Oh yeah, of course Lewis won. Congrats to Albon on his first podium. Another mare for Ferrari, beaten by Kimi ultimately, although the five second penalty let Leclerc ahead, and battling with Russell who was ahead of both with Vettel not looking like getting near him before the second red flag. Shame George couldn't get a good restart.

Antony Moxey

I don't want to point fingers, but it looked to me that Latifi booted the restart before Bottas did and the cars behind Latifi followed his lead. A lot of cat and mouse in front didn't help.
The ‘cat and mouse’ was perfectly fine - Bottas might have been weaving but he kept his speed at a constant. The trouble with the ones behind was Inexperience and impatience, they were still a couple of hundred yards from the line so there was no point in booting it that early as they couldn’t overtake until they’d got to the line anyway.

Ironic though that it was Grojean complaining the most given he’s caused more accidents than the rest of the field combined.

Rosencrantz

The ‘cat and mouse’ was perfectly fine - Bottas might have been weaving but he kept his speed at a constant. The trouble with the ones behind was Inexperience and impatience, they were still a couple of hundred yards from the line so there was no point in booting it that early as they couldn’t overtake until they’d got to the line anyway.

Ironic though that it was Grojean complaining the most given he’s caused more accidents than the rest of the field combined.
Bottas did nothing wrong. He was well within his rights to do what he done and anyone with any sense would have done the same. The cat and mouse I meant was the midfield all looking to get the jump on he car in front, accelerating and slowing as they tried to guess when Bottas went. They just had to wait as you say until Bottas decides to go. One of those accelerations tripped the ones behind in to booting it and carnage.

Surely Grosjean won't be on the grid next season. Not with Perez and Hulkenberg free and with Ferrari having Mick Schumacher, Callum Illott and Robert Schwartzman coming through at the top of F2 they could pay Haas to take as they can't fit them all into Alfa.

Red Devon

Really liked the circuit despite a lack of overtaking opportunities apart from shunts there wasn’t much going on in the race...would much rather see the Mugello circuit on the Calendar every year than places like China, Bahrain and Singapore though.

Rosencrantz

Really liked the circuit despite a lack of overtaking opportunities apart from shunts there wasn’t much going on in the race...would much rather see the Mugello circuit on the Calendar every year than places like China, Bahrain and Singapore though.
It's a proper track. Qualifying would probably be the highpoint of the weekend though and I can't see the Italian GP moving away from Imola although I wouldn't mind some rotation in countries that have suitable tracks to do so. Unfortunately Silverstone, which I love anyway, is the only up to F1 standard track now in the UK.

Red Devon

It's a proper track. Qualifying would probably be the highpoint of the weekend though and I can't see the Italian GP moving away from Imola although I wouldn't mind some rotation in countries that have suitable tracks to do so. Unfortunately Silverstone, which I love anyway, is the only up to F1 standard track now in the UK.
Monza you mean 😊 A second Italian race with passionate well clued up fans would be much better than the races I mentioned...Unfortunatley those places are where the money must be.

Rosencrantz

Monza you mean 😊 A second Italian race with passionate well clued up fans would be much better than the races I mentioned...Unfortunatley those places are where the money must be.
🤦🤦🤦 D'oh! Don't know why I don't chuck Misano in as well ☺

Dannyred

Is Hamilton damaging the sport with his off track stuff ?

Rosencrantz

Is Hamilton damaging the sport with his off track stuff ?
Off track stuff is off track. He is free to express himself and if it does bring F1 into disrepute then Mercedes and the FIA will step in. It won't stop people having an opinion about him personally, but that always happens and he has had split opinions of him from the start of his career in F1. I'm not sure why people would take against F1 as a whole just because of Lewis.

You need to remember how many people Lewis has brought to F1 and how much money with it as well which has always been the bottom line in the sport.