• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2020/21 Season

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Brilliant, delighted for her!

grecIAN Harris

Chloe waltzes around the keeper to score her first in a red and white shirt (having missed three or four good chances before).
And all of a sudden she has a hattrick.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The first team lost 2-1 to Swansea City earlier today, in a friendly.

grecIAN Harris

The first team lost 2-1 to Swansea City earlier today, in a friendly.....
.......whilst the Development side won 16-0 against Bradninch, a team they will play in the League later in the season. That followed up a 6-1 win at Budleigh on Thursday.

Dannyred

Who actually owns the women’s team?

Also what are there plans for the next 5 years?

DB9

Who actually owns the women’s team?

Also what are there plans for the next 5 years?
Thought you knew who owned them? I'd like to think the next 5 years they'd like to grow and get more established but this virus I think has put plans back at least 12-18 months given how below the WSL & Championship it is more like Sunday league, No disrespect to the women's game but lower down you go it is really at the start of its incarnation.

grecIAN Harris

Thought you knew who owned them? I'd like to think the next 5 years they'd like to grow and get more established but this virus I think has put plans back at least 12-18 months given how below the WSL & Championship it is more like Sunday league, No disrespect to the women's game but lower down you go it is really at the start of its incarnation.
And this has been highlighted watching the development side with girls mainly 16-18 year olds running rings around and trouncing women's sides. It's not just a gap in ability, it's a massive chasm.

DB9

And this has been highlighted watching the development side with girls mainly 16-18 year olds running rings around and trouncing women's sides. It's not just a gap in ability, it's a massive chasm.
As much as the media promotes the WSL, Further down does not get any support or promotion from them, It's going to be a hard job, Unlike the men's game this country could in no way support the same amount of professional women's teams, There is just not the appetite for it.

Rosencrantz

WSL could end up a bit of a closed shop much like the Rugby Premiership. They practically parachuted Man Utd in by putting them straight into the Championship which makes financial sense but not sporting.

grecIAN Harris

As much as the media promotes the WSL, Further down does not get any support or promotion from them, It's going to be a hard job, Unlike the men's game this country could in no way support the same amount of professional women's teams, There is just not the appetite for it.
Although it's played by the same rules it's a totally different game. Whilst watching Chloe playing for Feniton during pre-season I heard one of her team mates say this. 'I'm surprised there is do many people here. I love playing but I hate watching women's football. It's so slow and boring.' There were no more than 20 people watching. It's not the sort of thing Danny would want to hear but it's the stark reality of it all.