• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Salford City v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

Topsham Boy

I dont disagree Sturtz. The poster I was replying to though, was saying subs should have been when we were 2-1 up.That was as early as 34 minutes. My point really was we were still in the ascendancy up to half time so definitely not then.
Agree, I meant when Salford made their changes....to combat their move to go for an equaliser.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just watched the Matt Taylor interview. He's talking about an incident where we might have got a penalty and they might have had a player sent off. Seems he asked the referee for clarification about the incident. I dont know to what incident he refers. Any idea boys?
It's not shown in the brief highlights but there was an incident towards the end of the first half when Bowman was through one-on-one on the keeper and the defender made contact from behind. The ref said that there wasn't enough contact to make it a foul but Matt Taylor argued that any contact from behind is illegal and that we should have had a penalty and their man should have been sent off. From the angle of the tv footage it seemed like a marginal decision and arguably Bowman should have been strong enough to shrug off the challenge and still get his shot away.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The young players appear to slot in like new signings, five goals in two games against sides at our level suggests goals may not be as big a problem as some feel. Don't get me wrong I would like to sign someone to fire us to promotion but it's got to be the right someone instead of just adding bodies to the mix. Hopefully we will become harder to score against but from one view I didn't think our goals conceded were big errors. Not sure if Seymour had a knock or was just not selected but if the goals aren't flying in we can rotate bowman, ajose , fisher , Seymour and Jay to keep things fresh and hopefully find the right formula.
Seymour has been ill this week, otherwise I'm guessing he'd have been probably been on the bench ahead of Ajose.

Corey

It's not shown in the brief highlights but there was an incident towards the end of the first half when Bowman was through one-on-one on the keeper and the defender made contact from behind. The ref said that there wasn't enough contact to make it a foul but Matt Taylor argued that any contact from behind is illegal and that we should have had a penalty and their man should have been sent off. From the angle of the tv footage it seemed like a marginal decision and arguably Bowman should have been strong enough to shrug off the challenge and still get his shot away.
Here was said incidentView attachment FullSizeRender.mov

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Archie had a pretty good game yesterday showed plenty of intelligent passing and movement

Fareham Grecian

Joel looking rather Watkinsesque at times yesterday; a very exciting prospect

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here was said incident
View attachment 3493
Looks like a foul to me - if Ryan had done same to defender it's given.
Maybe he should have gone down!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who is it who brilliantly recycles the ball at the far post in the build-up to the second goal? The match report says Bowman which was my initial thought but it's not him as he's challenging the number 8.

LDNGrecian

Who is it who brilliantly recycles the ball at the far post in the build-up to the second goal? The match report says Bowman which was my initial thought but it's not him as he's challenging the number 8.
McArdle I think

budegrecian

Looks like a foul to me - if Ryan had done same to defender it's given.
Maybe he should have gone down!
I posted during the game, when this happened, that we should have had a penalty. I think you are very right: he needed to go down to get the penalty awarded but instead he carried on & tried to score & credit to him for that.