• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feels like a touch of the smoke and mirrors from Tagg perhaps in his quote?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plus the 3.5% from Villa, presumably!
I could be wrong, but my understanding of the FIFA regulations covering solidarity payments is that they apply to "cross boarder" transfers only. If that is the case then we are not entitled to anything from Villa. Hope I am wrong here :)

Jam Doughnut

We should do what Brentford do but on a cheaper scale....buy some of the best young talent in non league and sell them on for a big profit.

Boyo

I could be wrong, but my understanding of the FIFA regulations covering solidarity payments is that they apply to "cross boarder" transfers only. If that is the case then we are not entitled to anything from Villa. Hope I am wrong here :)
I think you could be right. Google(!) suggests it only applies for transfers between different associations.

So, if in the future he moves to Barca for £200m ...

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
We should do what Brentford do but on a cheaper scale....buy some of the best young talent in non league and sell them on for a big profit.
Wheeler dealers - so to speak ;)

Matt Phillips

Unfortunately the document quoted on the Watkins thread does state in the scope that it covers the "transfer between clubs belonging to different associations". It does though go on to say in 1.2 that national regulations "should also provide for a system to reward clubs investing in the training and education of young players" so let's hope that there's an equivalent FA documents, although given the power of the Premier League, I don't hold out much hope!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

Unfortunately the document quoted on the Watkins thread does state in the scope that it covers the "transfer between clubs belonging to different associations". It does though go on to say in 1.2 that national regulations "should also provide for a system to reward clubs investing in the training and education of young players" so let's hope that there's an equivalent FA documents, although given the power of the Premier League, I don't hold out much hope!
Thanks Matt that was my understanding. Fingers crossed there is something other than EPPP that apples here.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster

Matt Phillips

I think it's the same document. The key section is the scope on page 7. Although this is on the FA website, they're not FA regulations.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's the same document. The key section is the scope on page 7. Although this is on the FA website, they're not FA regulations.
Guys. Previous posts 4915 to 4917 under Ollie Watkins thread appear to indicate a solidarity payment IS due.