• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TdF 2020

GJW

Only 4 British cyclists in it this year and I don’t believe any of them are GC contenders. Not sure who my money would be on this year, so looking forward to this with an open mind. Never been a lover of the sprint stages but hoping there are some memorable mountain stages with the GC contenders.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hopefully Adam Yates can grab a stage win somewhere on the way. Intro and Jumbo-Visma look the strongest line up but both Bernal and Roglic had problems in the Dauphine. Kruijswijk pulling out for Jumbo-Visma could tip the scales Ineos's way. But it is more open this year with the lead up disrupted and a surprise winner wouldn't be, er, surprising 🙂.

Alistair20000

TDF = Meh

Only covers a part of France too. Large areas not visited.

#curmudgeon

Rosencrantz

TDF = Meh

#curmudgeon
On yer bike then 😉

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
TDF = Meh

#curmudgeon
Still worth watching for the scenery.

Reactions: GJW

Alistair20000

Must admit I had not thought of that. Good thinking (y)

**reaches for TV schedules**

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Through the wine regions where the fields are full of sunflowers. Some of the mountain stages also having stunning scenery.

GJW

and you also get to see the odd naked person running in front of the camera or someone dressed as a banana or superhero, bit like football really.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
and you also get to see the odd naked person running in front of the camera or someone dressed as a banana or superhero, bit like football really.
Lots of idiots getting in the way of the riders on the steep climbs, or waving flags in their faces. Or even worse in previous years, with Chris Froome as the target.

Red Devon

Looking forward to the letour as always, the late August start certainly feels strange to the normal three weeks in July I’ll catching up with the highlights on ITV4 every evening.