• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automobiles : Good,Bad & the Ugly.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I picked up my son from Bristol Airport this afternoon & was amazed that the fee to collect from the pick up/drop off point is now £4 ffs...Pretty sure it was only £1 last year.
On the plus side,with the place being empty with very few flights arriving,it is a nice zip in & out.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a scene from Steven Spielberg's classic first film "Duel" where the salesman, Dennis Weaver is in his car being chased by a demonic truck driver. 👍😄
Spielberg was less than pleased when footage from the "Duel" was used in other productions like TVs The Incredible Hulk. Please go to paragraph 86 of my link..

DB9

Spielberg was less than pleased when footage from the "Duel" was used in other productions like TVs The Incredible Hulk. Please go to paragraph 86 of my link..

Only paragraph 86 Stuffers, Bit of a short link then for you? ;) :ROFLMAO:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only paragraph 86 Stuffers, Bit of a short link then for you? ;) :ROFLMAO:
Not for want of trying ;)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

My car insurance premium went up by £50 this year(16% rise)
I went online to tweak my details
The valuation was the same as when i purchased the car 3 years ago,so adjusted that down according(if the car is written off you would get only the bottom book price,no matter how nice & well maintained you kept the car)
New online quote the same as last year.😁

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I went to visit the production line yesterday for the first time this year.
Both lines building cars at a reasonable pace, and masks aside, on the shop floor you’d have been hard pushed to know we were still in the midst of a pandemic.

Good to see and hopefully this means the order book is still flowing.

As an aside, I will never tire from visiting the plant and watching the cars go together like giant mechano sets. I always pause to watch the parts I designed be fitted too.

Oldsmobile-88

Ouch...A few of you know Phil Miller at SJP,he did post on this forum at one time(can’t remember his user name)
His pride & Joy was written off last week parked in a cul-de-sac..To say he was fuming was a understatement..

DB9

If you owned and loved this brand, Might be a place to visit.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to see them take some pride in the history of Luton plant. It’s a shame that manufacturing forever seems to be just hanging on to the place rather than thriving.

In other news, August’s new car registrations in the UK have remained pretty fairly strong and not much down on last year. Another promising sign for the recovery of the industry.

Oldsmobile-88

Anyone use a dashcam in their motor ?

I had one fitted a couple of months ago after a offer was on at the dealership I use.
I reviewed the footage after a close call after coming into close contact with a couple of suicidal bikers in the Scottish Highlands a few days ago,without heavy breaking they would have decorated my windscreen 😮

It is excellent quality footage.I have turned the volume off to save any embarrassing observations being recorded 😁