• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

ryancooper327

Looks like you are spot on. Caprice gets the Number 2 shirt. Big public message by MT to/about Sweeney. I have to say I don’t like MT‘s public humiliation of players, especially one who has started 84 league games in MT’s two seasons.
It’s purely that a number 2 shouldn’t be CB. Unless you’re in South America.

CC

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Incoming!
👀👀👀🕰🕰🕰🕰🕰✍✍✍✍

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rory McArdle.

I think caprice is a good signing and should be first choice but I dunno how much game time mcardle will get.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rory McArdle.

I think caprice is a good signing and should be first choice but I dunno how much game time mcardle will get.
Seeing as we only have one other senior centre back and Sweeney is possibly struggling to be in Matt's plans, he will get quite a bit, fitness allowing. He played over 30 games for Scunny last season before shutdown.

ryancooper327

I’ll be crucified for being negative but I would have had higher hopes for both positions. One from a team not good enough for where we want to be and one that played for a team that finished 20th in the league were in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I’ll be crucified for being negative but I would have had higher hopes for both positions. One from a team not good enough for where we want to be and one that played for a team that finished 20th in the league were in.
Worked all right with Laws

Andy_H

Like the saying goes; "One swallow does not a summer make." so in football, "One player does not a football team make", or not in this case!

ryancooper327

Props to Scott though, really like the announcements!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
It will be down to how they fit in to our system and the way Matt wants to play. Realistically with what we have to offer, it wasn't going to be much different especially in a squad heavily inhabited with inexperience already.