• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
George Friend featured briefly on The One Show last night. I don't really know what the feature was about as i wasn't watching it (honest!) but he delivered a video message to say thank you to some fella for summat or other.
Nice story. Thanked a chap called Mark Blythe, a Middlesbrough fan who lives down south and organises walking football and socials - keeping it all together for folk during lockdown
The piece is between 11'35'' - 17'00'' with George near the end of it,

Background to the story:

Tim Long

George Friend featured briefly on The One Show last night. I don't really know what the feature was about as i wasn't watching it (honest!) but he delivered a video message to say thank you to some fella for summat or other.

George at 16 minutes 45 seconds, thanking a chap for continuing walking football coaching through lockdown. Chap - think he's called Mark Blyth - is a Middlesbrough faan and clearly more pleased to get a message from George Friend than talking to Michael Ball and Alex Jones.

Edit: bugger. Beaten to it by Spoonz.

Corey

Mark Molesley is looking to guide Weymouth to back to back promotions today in the National League South playoff final

Corey

Mark Molesley is looking to guide Weymouth to back to back promotions today in the National League South playoff final
They won on penalties and will be in the National League next season.

The deluder

Congratulations to Weymouth and Mark Moseley on gaining promotion to the National League. COYT.

Colesman Ballz

They won on penalties and will be in the National League next season.
When I first looked for the result, the Beeb site was saying that Dartford had won on pens, although they have now corrected themselves. Doh !

Reminded me of the last match of our first season in the Conference when Ian Haxham took to the tannoy to announce we had made the Play-offs. Cue wild celebration on and off the pitch ! Unfortunately Aldershot were still playing and duly scored thereby knocking us back out, cue despondency, tears and heartbreak .

Rosencrantz

Chris Shepherd, Kyle Egan and Neil Martin all commit to Tiverton for another season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Tim Long

He was in Spongebob Squarepants The Musical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Slater
On a more serious notes he might have left at any stage from under 9s upwards and still be an ex City youth player.

Colesman Ballz

Obviously the reputation and esteem that our academy is held in, grows bigger by the day ! :)