• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier league 2018/19

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Might be sooner than we think if they do go for a legal challenge and win.
They have a valid point. That was a shocking decision. Chances are it won’t go anywhere though.
A tough case to win in the Courts I think but m' learned friends will be rubbing their hands at the prospect.

Rosencrantz

A tough case to win in the Courts I think but m' learned friends will be rubbing their hands at the prospect.
Hopefully a few days consideration before they talk about it will let clearer heads prevail. They will just be throwing money away if they were to go ahead with legal action if nothing else. I reckon you and I could defend that case in court Al.

Oldsmobile-88

Leighton Baines retiring from the game. A great servant to Everton over the years and a model professional in the modern game. His partnership down the left with Steven Pienaar was his high point.

Antony Moxey

Might be sooner than we think if they do go for a legal challenge and win.
They have a valid point. That was a shocking decision. Chances are it won’t go anywhere though.
Perhaps a more valid point would be to ask why their manager assembled a squad that was in that position in the first place. It wasn’t a ‘shocking decision’ made in another game that didn’t involve them that got them relegated, it was because they’ve been ***** all season with a strike force that couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's right. I remember Liverpool playing someone (West Ham ?) on the last day of one season and Dalglish being asked if he was bothered about relegating the opposition. His response was that the reason the other team were in danger of going down was due to being the worst in the division and not because of the outcome of one match.*

Not Dalglish's actual words but this was the gist of his quote.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

That's right. I remember Liverpool playing someone (West Ham ?) on the last day of one season and Dalglish being asked if he was bothered about relegating the opposition. His response was that the reason the other team were in danger of going down was due to being the worst in the division and not because of the outcome of one match.*

Not Dalglish's actual words but this was the gist of his quote.
After a 38 game season the table doesn't lie, Bournemouth must accept it and move on.

Grecian2K

I believe Kenny's actual words were:
"Ah dinnae gee ah shyte laddie"

DB9

Looks like Mike Ashley will have to look elsewhere to offload NUFC.

Oldsmobile-88

Looks like Mike Ashley will have to look elsewhere to offload NUFC.

I would imagine the PL are glad the consortium has pulled the plug.

Rumours that the Saudi’s put a £15m non refundable deposit down.😮.Nice bit of beer money for Mr Ashley😁

Red Devon

Amanda Staveley today saying the deal can still be saved.