• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

TV Times

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
TPTV today at 4.20pm The Cracksman starring Charlie Drake. Only reason I'm bringing this up is because i thought back in the day Drake was really funny and you don't hear about him in the same way as say Lenoard Rossitier or Frankie Howard, He always seem to go a bit under the radar, Even if he was a short man!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Charlie Drake
I remember him making life a misery for his two adversaries at the Labour Exchange, Mr. Whikkater and Mr. Poo.

" I gets home in the evening just on six o'clock, strong as a heffalunt, steady as a rock....."

DB9

I remember him making life a misery for his two adversaries at the Labour Exchange, Mr. Whikkater and Mr. Poo.

" I gets home in the evening just on six o'clock, strong as a heffalunt, steady as a rock....."
On stage/screen he was funny as hell, I did hear he was a miserable git off it.

Alistair20000

On stage/screen he was funny as hell, I did hear he was a miserable git off it.
As is allegedly true of lots of comedians

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
As is allegedly true of lots of comedians
I met Max Bygraves at Exeter's Savoy and he could hardly string two words together.

Alistair20000

I met Max Bygraves at Exeter's Savoy and he could hardly string two words together.
I was advised that Max knew only these five words but that he knew them off by heart:

"Don't applaud. Just send money."

Oldsmobile-88

Runaround with Mike Reid(Jannine..!) from 1978 on TPTV 😁
Can’t see the kids of today being interested in the show format😎

Red Devon

Last in the series of Peter Crouch Save Our Summer, Jamie Redknapp and Mo Farah the guests...it’s not that bad.

Rosencrantz

Caught up with Roy Orbison: One of the Lonely Ones which I recorded off BBC4 a while ago. I didn't know about his life at all and the tragedy in it. Handy reminder to get that Travelling Wilbury's album at some time.

Oldsmobile-88

World Cup 1966 : Alfie’s Boys on BBC 2.

Repeated from 4 years ago.A excellent watch & worth watching on the iplayer if you missed it.