• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Still looking flat with fifteen to go.Looks like you were right , many a slip. Even Brentford’s manager turned his back on the game just now , must be sick to death after getting so close.Not even as if Brentford are making any cutting attacks. Trying to make up my mind whether this will work in our favour if they don’t get autos.
Technically Fulham can still reach the autos

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Always thought both West Brom’s game against Huddersfield and the Bees game today would be difficult with Huddersfield and Stoke needing the points to stay up.

Both teams will feel the pressure on Wednesday but I really can’t see West Brom slipping up as QPR have nothing to play for whereas Barnsley may still be in with a chance of saving themselves.

Copernicus

Always thought both West Brom’s game against Huddersfield and the Bees game today would be difficult with Huddersfield and Stoke needing the points to stay up.

Both teams will feel the pressure on Wednesday but I really can’t see West Brom slipping up as QPR have nothing to play for whereas Barnsley may still be in with a chance of saving themselves.
Yep, but football is a "Funny Old Game Saint" and I am sure there will be many twists and turns right up to the last minute of the last game........which is why we love it so much.

Well, unless you are a Grecian of course :unsure:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fulham leading 3-0 Mitrovic two goals now overtaking Ollie as top scorer in the Championship.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Knowing football as we do, I wouldn't bank on Brentford going up yet. If they lost away to Stoke (which is not impossible) the pressure would be on them. Things are never as simple as they look.
So
Brentford v Barnsley
Wigan v Fulham
WBA v QPR

Now, if the results go to form, WBA will do it. But pressure can do strange things
And sometimes teams "with nothing to play for" are relaxed, enjoy their football and win
I'm going to bet on WBA to get into the autos and Fulham to knock out Brentford
in the play-offs.

IBA

Ok - I can confirm that when I was on the BOS, the club only ever planned for 1 cup tie in each comp and nothing from transfers.

That period ended in 2011 but I’ve never heard of any change in approach
Is there anyone on Exeweb who hasnt served on the Board in one capacity or other?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there anyone on Exeweb who hasnt served on the Board in one capacity or other?
Nope 🤣

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
DannyRed?

Dannyred

I haven’t served on the board but it’s clear who has on here by there Constant attacks towards those who want the club to move forward.

Oliver

I haven’t served on the board but it’s clear who has on here by there Constant attacks towards those who want the club to move forward.
I thought this was an Ollie Watkins thread.