• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Alex Fisher is the new signing (to Newport)

milts

You can't just release someone without paying up their contract, only put them on the transfer list.
He’s supposedly out of contract so hopefully let go

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
He’s supposedly out of contract so hopefully let go
Hadn't realised that he was only on a one year contract ! 👍

Ash

Never been a Fisher fan. His signing was a confusing one from day dot. That said though, I heard he has a great attitude and is well liked at the club.

Hopefully he was able to celebrate his 30th. A big milestone personally and professionally.

Im sure he would do a good job at Yeovil or Torquay.

Happy birthday fish 🐟
Yeah it was a weird one. But not as strange as Warren, an ancient CB when we already appeared well stocked in that department. His lack of game time shows how odd it was.

StudentGrecian

Yeah it was a weird one. But not as strange as Warren, an ancient CB when we already appeared well stocked in that department. His lack of game time shows how odd it was.
Think Warren might end up at Torquay, they were sad to see him recalled at the end of January.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
that signing was a product of the loan window rules. We have had serious problems in the past when several central defenders get injured at the same time. The rules are now awful in that for most of the season you can’t even get a loan signing in to cover.

the best way to cope with this is to sign reserve players like Warren , and Jimmy Oates before him, who then end up never starting a league game all season. So in the coming financial mayhem the loan rules must be relaxed so that we can get by a squad smaller than the current 32 professionals.

Ash

that signing was a product of the loan window rules. We have had serious problems in the past when several central defenders get injured at the same time. The rules are now awful in that for most of the season you can’t even get a loan signing in to cover.

the best way to cope with this is to sign reserve players like Warren , and Jimmy Oates before him, who then end up never starting a league game all season. So in the coming financial mayhem the loan rules must be relaxed so that we can get by a squad smaller than the current 32 professionals.
Maybe that's the best way for other clubs to cope, I'd like to think we have enough youth coming through / versatility in the squad to cope in the short term if we were to get a glut of injuries in the same position. It might have seemed sensible at the time, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

StudentGrecian

Agree, but clubs like us were in favour of the changes to loan market. Because the top teams can spend big time on loan fees to change their fortunes mid season.
I guess a happy medium needs to be achieved.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hadn't realised that he was only on a one year contract ! 👍
Obviously wasn't - curious as to why he got a longer deal though?

Has stifled any possible activity in the transfer market for a forward. And don't anyone question why Ajose got a longer contract (or even a contract) as he was meant to be our Marquee signing last season - perhaps we shall see more of him this 🤞 🤞 🤞

Copernicus

Obviously wasn't - curious as to why he got a longer deal though?

Has stifled any possible activity in the transfer market for a forward. And don't anyone question why Ajose got a longer contract (or even a contract) as he was meant to be our Marquee signing last season - perhaps we shall see more of him this 🤞 🤞 🤞
OMG, with all the disappointment and looking at the retained list, or rather, the players let go, I had forgotten all about Ajose.

I hope he gets more games next season, he has not eared his wages up to now.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
OMG, with all the disappointment and looking at the retained list, or rather, the players let go, I had forgotten all about Ajose.

I hope he gets more games next season, he has not eared his wages up to now.
You, me and 5000 others