• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Clear out?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm probably feeling a bit emotional about our performance after seeing that display, but I genuinely think there are some people who are getting too comfortable with their places in the squad.

The lack of passion, effort and quality today was incredibly disappointing. Zero shots on target all game.

I think a wholesale clear out might be in order. Struggling to think of many in the starting line up I desperately want us to keep at the moment. As poor as Bowman was for his single opportunity on goal at least he showed some desire to win.

Massively disappointed with Taylor, Sweeney, Richardson, Martin and Atangana. The less said about Moxeys mental malfunction the better. The defence generally was shocking.

Time for a clear out.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think after that performance most of the out of contract players will definitely be on their way and a number of other players on and off the field could have played their last game for the Club.

scottus86

My out list:
L.Martin
Moxey
J.Taylor
Ajose
Dickenson
Warren
Fisher

Not sure list:
Sweeney
Bowman
Seymour

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't object to never seeing Sweeney, Moxey, Fisher, Taylor, Woodman (age), Ajose, martin,again.

We need to choose a keeper and stick with them. Ward gives me greater confidence.

Seymour needs a loan spell at a decent level.

Rosencrantz

I doubt that single game will have a large effect on the squad. The players out of contract would mostly have been released bar one or two due to budget and freeing up money for whatever targets Matt has. Those under contract will still mostly be here next season. Williams might go if we get a half decent offer and there might be interest in Archie but it would have to be a very good offer.

Ripping a squad apart that were competing for automatic promotion all season because we screwed up tonight won't happen. It will be evolution not revolution.

fred binneys head

Really happy with Matt’s post game interview. Pulled no punches at all.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ripping a squad apart that were competing for automatic promotion all season because we screwed up tonight won't happen. It will be evolution not revolution.
I think you're right, but we're just hugely frustrated with tonight. We do have a good team, but it's not consistently good enough.

StudentGrecian

I hate singling our players, and I’ve defended him in the past, but Sweeney has run his course at this football club.
He is always a shambles in the big games and has been below average for much of this season. His passing can be superb, and can paper over some of his cracks, but it’s often woeful too. Time sign a proper right sided centre half if we are going to continue playing with wing backs.

i8cornwall

Really happy with Matt’s post game interview. Pulled no punches at all.
I’ve not seen it but far to much talk at the club. All well and good talking to talk but we clearly can’t walk the walk.

club needs rank and file change at the top as well as on the pitch.

fred binneys head

I disagree. I’m happy with Matt as manager, he’s still young and learning his trade but I like what I’ve seen from him. We got beaten up tonight but we’ll come back strong, we’ve not turned into a sh1t side after one defeat.