• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

Pobbop

We have completed the season. The regular season saw us finish out of the automatics on PPG which was due to poor form. So that's a fail. Then we had another chance to succeed with the play offs. Fail. So the season has been finished twice technically and we've had two bites at the cherry but failed on both counts due to poor results. Those are the normal circumstances.

Another failure next season would mean just that and do we keep rewarding failing managers like we did with Tisdale? I believe it's a reasonable argument but fine that others don't.

As I used to say when Tisdale was in charge, i am not sure where Exeter city fans get the idea that not winning promotion is a fail, it's certainly not based on our history, unless you want to consider us an huge wedge of fail.

Anyway wasn't my point this time, as you seem to have ignored the point of my post totally, I am merely saying we need to look at our financial situation next year, to decide what would and would not be considered a fail.

dommers

Was holding off until today although think I'll be sending the club my bank details for my season ticket refund after today's performance.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thank feck we weren't promoted

ryancooper327

I love Barrow. I bet it’ll be raining too.

manc grecian

Even more embarrassing than our last 2 visits
Nah, the Coventry game was worse than this. We've been shit but at least the team picked at the start had some intent to win. Shame the game started

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Losing to a hack-merchant like Curle who made a living on it is one thing. But not being able to compete with a team who play the same way is unforgiveable. Basic football yet they should be about 6-0 up. **** Wembley next year. Up via the top 3 or nothing.

iscalad

Only another few minutes to suffer

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tisdale is probably thinking that this is worse than anything he put out in a League 2 playoff.

If he's watching it at home.

Pobbop

It was a tongue in cheek comment, but it was based on some responses on here after the Coventry loss
Fair enough, so hard to know what is humour nowadays and what are genuine non-sensical posts, ho-hum.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a tongue in cheek comment, but it was based on some responses on here after the Coventry loss
It's not a conspiracy theory but I have heard the most loyal of Grecians question if the club really wants to be in League One due to the financial implications of competing at a higher level (as well documented by Tisdale). Three woeful Wembley play-off final performances are just an unfortunate coincidence.