• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Northampton Town - League 2 Playoff Final at Wembley Stadium

dommers

Wish Collins would give up like the rest of them, we can’t afford to lose him next year!
For his sake I hope he goes to a club where he's valued

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bowman should've decked him. Bunch of fannies

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was a good ball by Sparkes.Promising for next season.

Banksy

Mid table mediocrity next year
Edited.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Snap some legs time - get something from the field of play lads

fred binneys head

We’ve been the better side for the second half, but it’s too little too late.

Banksy

I honestly don't know whether I'm bitterly disappointed or blisteringly angry. Fookin shambles.
I ‘m thinking of all the money we’ve had to shell out just to appear in this shambles.Should have used it to either get a good striker for next season or paid off Ajose’ contract.

Legohead

Banned
Nothings fair ATM, as you are talking as if we are in normal circumstances, we are not, we've just spunked a couple oh hundred grand up the wall, to fail to get promoted (not arguing with that btW, no choice), yet in the end we must cut our cloth accordingly as every club will do, we may be in a perilous position financially and just happy to survive.

It also decides on who we keep, i.e. who have contracts, who will take pay cuts, who can move on and pick up a better wage.

anyway suffice to say I have always been more nervous about our financial position after this than this result.
We have completed the season. The regular season saw us finish out of the automatics on PPG which was due to poor form. So that's a fail. Then we had another chance to succeed with the play offs. Fail. So the season has been finished twice technically and we've had two bites at the cherry but failed on both counts due to poor results. Those are the normal circumstances.

Another failure next season would mean just that and do we keep rewarding failing managers like we did with Tisdale? I believe it's a reasonable argument but fine that others don't.

fred binneys head

Sweeney having a bad game.

manc grecian

Sweeeneyyyyyyyy stopppppppppppp givinnnnng the twatttttiiiiingggg ball awayyyy