• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
As the batsman said, rubbing his sore thigh, you've got to think outside the box.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a crock of shi*e. :mad:

I would like to punch Boris reasonably hard.
Exactly. You can play basketball, but not cricket. It's a joke.

350 kids at my club chomping at the bit to play. Come 4th July, they can buy a coke and a packet of crips from the bar but they cant play. Feckin dire

Wipe the ball at the end of each over and get on with it.

Alistair20000

You Somerset fanatics may like to have a go at this.

Modesty forbids me to mention that I got 14 out of 15.
Which one did you miss out on Houndster ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which one did you miss out on Houndster ?
Will answer by PM, so as not to spoil things for anyone who hasn't had a go at the quiz yet!

Alistair20000

Will answer by PM, so as not to spoil things for anyone who hasn't had a go at the quiz yet!
I shall 'fess up to only 7. :cry:

Rosencrantz

Wow, I got eight. Was always going to struggle with the older ones although I got the obvious one of those and one other although there turned out only to be one name I had never heard of. Disturbing blank in the 2003-12 though that has me kicking myself, especially seeing one was a favourite 😢. Also wasted 20 seconds repeatedly entering a name that I couldn't believe was wrong!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also wasted 20 seconds repeatedly entering a name that I couldn't believe was wrong!
The first name that came into my head was Brian Close, and I must have wasted more time than that trying to convince the mulish SCCC website that he was right. When the penny finally dropped, I pulled the plug and started again. That wasn't cheating................was it? :unsure:

Rosencrantz

The first name that came into my head was Brian Close, and I must have wasted more time than that trying to convince the mulish SCCC website that he was right. When the penny finally dropped, I pulled the plug and started again. That wasn't cheating................was it? :unsure:
Mine was a more up to date player who didn't play test cricket until after he had moved.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only got 6, but don't support Somerset
Some school boy omissions though.

Obviously a similar quiz involving Surrey would gave stretched to about 50 :LOL:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only got 6, but don't support Somerset
Some school boy omissions though.

Obviously a similar quiz involving Surrey would gave stretched to about 50 :LOL:
Well known fact that England selectors have tended to watch cricket only at Lord's and, occasionally, the Oval! :)