• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester v Exeter City Playoff MDT

grecianstew

Please can someone impress upon our Manager that it is not a law of the game that you have to play with a big man up front that you can lump it up to. A quicker, more mobile front force who might actually have some ball control, dribbling, suptlelty of movement etc skills. it does not have to be Bowman or Fisher, there are other ways to play.

JayPob94

Worth remembering (if someone hasn't already said this - and even if they have) that we have always prevailed in the play-off semi finals, despite never having won the first fixture.

And 1-0 isn't an impossible deficit, especially with no weighting on away goals.
What a fact that is. Fills me with hope.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Also, last time we lost a playoff first leg we went on to win promotion.....here’s hoping!!;)
We've never lost a semi final second leg or failed to progress to the final, let's not blow it this time or Tisdale will have a secret smile.

As for Ajose, I imagine the only person that has done a good job is his agent!

IndoMike

Please can someone impress upon our Manager that it is not a law of the game that you have to play with a big man up front that you can lump it up to. A quicker, more mobile front force who might actually have some ball control, dribbling, suptlelty of movement etc skills. it does not have to be Bowman or Fisher, there are other ways to play.
Agree a million percent, but we just don't have the players to do that. Our attack routes are totally predictable and easy to defend against. If Randell can't get the best of his opposing full backs we're screwed.
Too much emphasis on hard work and not enough on skill.
There's little combination work in attack.
No Banks/Curtis, Kellow/Beer, Rowbotham; /Neville ++, Logan/ Stanno. Basically it's aim for Bowman, who for all his effort can't make something out of nothing.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
very little choice now up front if Ajose is indeed injured.
Theres very little choice even if he's fit because he's not good enough for the first team.

IndoMike

Theres very little choice even if he's fit because he's not good enough for the first team.
The signing of Ajose was rushed, based on one good season a few years ago, and didn't seem to take into account his recent history of bad injuries. It was imo a high risk signing that hasn't paid off. I guess he's probably on a 3-year contract so he can still give us 2 seasons value for money, but it's not looking great, is it?

Banksy

I think we’re both singing from the same song sheet here Anonymous.What I really should have said is that we‘re stuffed for decent choice and I can’t see where the goals are going to come from.
And I don’t rate Ajose one jot but sadly we’re probably stuck with him on contract for another year which will obviously inhibit any forward signings we can make.Just hope the youngsters can make their mark.
And I sincerely hope he’s not on a three year contract Mike.

Last edited:

IndoMike

I think we’re both singing from the same song sheet here Anonymous.What I really should have said is that we‘re stuffed for decent choice and I can’t see where the goals are going to come from.
And I don’t rate Ajose one jot but sadly we’re probably stuck with him on contract for another year which will obviously inhibit any forward signings we can make.Just hope the youngsters can make their mark.
And I sincerely hope he’s not on a three year contract Mike.
Just a guess, Banksy. i got the feeling we were desperate to get him, or at least get a potential goalscorer in. it was all very last minute. That's why reckon we had to offer him a 3-yr deal. But it's just a guess.
He had one really good season with Swindon, but that was 5 years ago, in a very good side.

Red Devon

Ajose needs an injury free run of 10 or 12 games before the jury can come up with a proper verdict.

Unfortunatley that’s not going to happen soon.

grecIAN Harris

Their goal yesterday was very similar to Swindon's away. Perhaps it was clever analysis by their coaching staff, spotting a Ward weak spot.
How was it like the goal he conceded at Swindon? That was a corner with the assist of a hoolie of a wind blowing straight down the pitch. Last night was a free kick that matey might hit once like he did if he had 100 attempts at it.