• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL decision day - Monday 8th June (now Tues 9th June)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Quite agree. And yes, final at Wembley, 7.30 Mon 29th June. Pathetic.
Bloody ridiculous!

Nigel E

Didn’t MT mention somewhere that he was hoping to get the EFL to reimburse the testing monies?
But up until now that’s just hope and the EFL are remarkably quiet on the subject so I’m not holding my breath. Subject to that , yes Mike I agree with you , bloody cheek .As you know , I’ve always been annoyed that we have to pay up big for this lottery while our little feathered friends down the road get a freebie.
At the fan forum last night we were told that the League has coughed up (so to speak) for the cost of the testing.

There are still conversations ongoing to increase the amount of money due from the TV coverage

It was agreed by the clubs to use Wembley - though it will cost more than another neutral stadium, it wasn't significantly higher and they felt it would be a good reward for the players.

Not sure if there is a recording of the forum online yet, but would be worth listening back to.

andrew p long

I think Julian Tagg said in the Friday evening Exiles fan forum that Wembley was slightly more expensive than other options, though it was a bit marginal, and for some players it might be their first (or last!) chance of playing at Wembley. And Sky have upped the tv fee for finalists very slightly. And MT said last night that the EFL was going to pay for testing of players.

still blows a big hole in the budgets of the four play off clubs though.

Banksy

At the fan forum last night we were told that the League has coughed up (so to speak) for the cost of the testing.

There are still conversations ongoing to increase the amount of money due from the TV coverage

It was agreed by the clubs to use Wembley - though it will cost more than another neutral stadium, it wasn't significantly higher and they felt it would be a good reward for the players.

Not sure if there is a recording of the forum online yet, but would be worth listening back to.
Thanks Nigel E , good to know things are moving on that front and we won’t be entirely out of pocket because of all this. It will make winning through even sweeter.😀

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Non league steps 5&6 have been told that they are looking at a restart in September, subject to Government approval, and with crowds.

Meeting notes

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
PFA on salary cap proposals

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Damian Collins on football finance

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
PFA on salary cap proposals

Much as it pains me to agree with anything Taylor says, I don't see how a low salary cap would be fair long term, though there may be a case for this happening for one season if supporters are not allowed into the games.

A team like Bradford which gets 14,000 fans should not in normal circumstances be limited to what Morecambe or Accrington can attract.

Maybe some hybrid system where there s a sliding scale based on a cap + average attendances and net transfer income (but not capital donations of owners) could work?

Legohead

Banned
Non league steps 5&6 have been told that they are looking at a restart in September, subject to Government approval, and with crowds.

Meeting notes

I'm not sure the terms 'non league' and 'with crowds' go together.

I go to watch Matlock Town a lot as they are my local non league club and I can social distance fine there under normal circumstances.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member