• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL decision day - Monday 8th June (now Tues 9th June)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
For anyone who doesn't have access to Sky Sports, you can buy a NowTV pass and watch it on a smart TV, laptop/PC or tablet/phone.
I think I would need to down a VPN route for that in Oz, will check, thanks for info

Nigel E

For anyone who doesn't have access to Sky Sports, you can buy a NowTV pass and watch it on a smart TV, laptop/PC or tablet/phone.
Have used NowTV a few times, has worked well for me.

Keep an eye out for special deals. As a sometime subscriber I was offered a £20/month deal for the next three months of sport coverage. So in effect I've paid what I would have done for two matches on iFollow and obviously have got a whole load of Premier League into the bargain.

There may be other deals around for new subscribers.

I should say, make sure you put something in your phone calendar to remind you to cancel the auto-renew though. They make it a bit tricky to do. And obviously don't remind you either.

Last edited:

iscalad

Now TV have a 7 day free trial offer.

Boyo

Have used NowTV a few times, has worked well for me.

Keep an eye out for special deals. As a sometime subscriber I was offered a £20/month deal for the next three months of sport coverage. So in effect I've paid what I would have done for two matches on iFollow and obviously have got a whole load of Premier League into the bargain.

There may be other deals around for new subscribers.

I should say, make sure you put something in your phone calendar to remind you to cancel the auto-renew though. They make it a bit tricky to do. And obviously don't remind you either.
Good shout. I just checked my emails and I found this same offer.

I've got a NowTV app on the TV so it works directly from there. It's not perfect picture quality, but it's more than adequate.

Oldsmobile-88

El Presidente in todays Daily Star.
58B94028-13F2-49F8-9F3A-F302666AFEF4.jpeg

Red Devon

El Presidente in todays Daily Star.
View attachment 2849
At last some reliable info on who’s meeting the cost of testing!

andrew p long

I think I would need to down a VPN route for that in Oz, will check, thanks for info
And watch out for the 5.15pm kick off UK time. Not a good time in Sydney!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I believe Macclesfield will find out their fate tomorrow (of their disciplinary case). If they get another points deduction they could be relegated instead of Stevenage. Are the NL obliged to take them?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe Macclesfield will find out their fate tomorrow (of their disciplinary case). If they get another points deduction they could be relegated instead of Stevenage. Are the NL obliged to take them?
I fear it is inevitable they will be deducted just enough points to see them go down.

sign of the chimes

I'd be surprised if the EFL don't dock them enough points to send them down (of course, they could always appeal and win).

I think the NL are (understandably) pretty stringent on the financial side of things, and if a team doesn't meet their criteria they don't have to accept the usual hierarchies. Whether the current situation makes them more or less so remains to be seen. Macclesfield were a basket case before they went up with Askey in charge - their promotion was very much against all odds. Given the general forecasts which suggest several clubs could go to the wall, if they aren't one of them they'll have done a Houdini.