• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Football gangs and far-right activists are heading to London to confront BLM demonstrators"

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster

Unarmed? Handcuffed?

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but what is this thread doing on WOWS? I come on to Exeweb to read about football, Exeter City in particular, and escape politics, which is strictly for Twitter, where opinions are available from people who know what they're talking about.

Grecianpasty

Sorry but what is this thread doing on WOWS? I come on to Exeweb to read about football, Exeter City in particular, and escape politics, which is strictly for Twitter, where opinions are available from people who know what they're talking about.
I second this. Shouldn't be on a football forum.

IndoMike

It's not strictly for Twitter. There's a "Politics" thread on Exeweb, if you don't mind. Funny your comment about Twitter, though.
Anyway, I think you're right: this topic maybe is not in the right place. Up to out Mods to decide.

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
I agree that this topic is on the wrong board. But statues to Rhodes & Colston should have been removed to the dusty extremities of museums decades ago. Lets get on with embracing the here and now.
Exeter City has been represented by many player of different ethnicities over the years. I never judged any of them by the colour of their skin.

robchave

I disagree, I think WOWS is the place for this discussion. We might be lucky, in that racism is not seen as a problem particular to ECFC. But it has been perceived as such in the past. I worked in Exeter until 7 years ago and had a Man Utd supporting work colleague. She was black. I asked her whether she'd ever been to see City and she said 'No', as she'd been warned that there was a large racist element amongst the supporters. I told her that, in my experience, this wasn't the case and was planning to take her to a game. However, I moved offices before that happened.
My point is that, even if the perception of racism exists, ECFC needs to confront it. Part of that confrontation involves fans discussing the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: WXF

i8cornwall

I agree that this topic is on the wrong board. But statues to Rhodes & Colston should have been removed to the dusty extremities of museums decades ago. Lets get on with embracing the here and now.
Exeter City has been represented by many player of different ethnicities over the years. I never judged any of them by the colour of their skin.
Do you believe that we should also be removing Ikea stores from this country?

after all they used East German political prisoners as “slave” labour to make there goods in the 80’s?

I’ve no problem with the status being taken down nor do I condone racism in any form. Im just merely interested in where people think this should stop.

Dannyred

Will blackboy road name be changed or will they stop playing penny lane, it’s a minefield.

Nigel E

Will blackboy road name be changed or will they stop playing penny lane, it’s a minefield.
Interesting article here on who Blackboy Road seems to have got its name from: