• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Furlough Payments

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
At present all discussions being reported and commented on in the media are centred on how to finish the current season with little or no thought on how Clubs will continue into the future.

The likelihood is, unless scientists do come up with a vaccine, that for the foreseeable future all League games will be played behind closed doors the result being that with no match day income coming in Clubs particularly at our level will go out of business.

We are currently being told that because of the sensible and prudent manner in which our Club is being run we are in a reasonable position to survive. However my concern is no one knows just what the future holds and in my opinion all Clubs and football as a whole needs to be looking at and preparing for a worst case scenario.

At some point no matter how carefully our Club is managed without any match day income we will go out of business. However as “Owners” of the Club we can do something to give Taggy and the Club’s paid officers some leeway and that is to increase our monthly Trust subscriptions, even if only for a limited period of say 18 to 24 months, to £10 and try and encourage other supporters to join the Trust.....what do others think.

Matt Russell

There is often a divide on here, Trust members and those who are not, but SB highlights an issue for all supporters. Anyone can donate money, if they have it to spare, by using their ticket account and any £10 donations made in this way will be kept by City.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has the whole first team squad been unfurloughed? Or have we gone for a reduced squad for these play off games?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has the whole first team squad been unfurloughed? Or have we gone for a reduced squad for these play off games?
I wonder when they will release what it’s costing us as a club to join in this farce?
Maybe waiting to see what the EFL will chip in! 😂

Colesman Ballz

I wonder when they will release what it’s costing us as a club to join in this farce?
Maybe waiting to see what the EFL will chip in! 😂
I sincerely hope that all the costs will be covered. Is the FA still charging the full whack for the use of Wembley ? Isn't it usual that the finalists do not receive TV appearance money, but rather it is shared amongst all the clubs in the division, which would be grossly unfair in this instance ?

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

As a matter of interest how big is the 1st Team Squad ?

andrew p long

As a matter of interest how big is the 1st Team Squad ?
32 are listed with photos under ‘first team’ on the ECFC website!

Oldsmobile-88

32 are listed with photos under ‘first team’ on the ECFC website!
I suppose a minimum of 20 will be required for the play off games.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose a minimum of 20 will be required for the play off games.
Plus all the backroom gang. Just as well Tisdale isn't still here :D

GJW

There is often a divide on here, Trust members and those who are not, but SB highlights an issue for all supporters. Anyone can donate money, if they have it to spare, by using their ticket account and any £10 donations made in this way will be kept by City.
The public love the numbers. If there was a fighting fund to cover this Covid-19 period it could show a live fund update, like a crowdfunding site. Have one of those visual indicators (like a Thermometer) that shows the fund growing. We already have the link on the Club site. We just need to make it exciting for them to go there and keep them clicking to see how the fund is developing every day. It’s human nature. People might donate once or multiple times. People love to push these funds through the milestones. Look at Captain Tom. Everyone was looking at it and contributing and as it got nearer to a solid round million figure more would donate to ensure it got there, then it would slow down again and then the push for the next milestone.