• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Rare Exeter City Books For Sale!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyone owning up to be No. 11?
There may well be someone in the world with that name, and they happen to be a City supporter!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Isn't there a brick with that name on it at SJP.

GJW

Trying to bolster my ECFC book collection. I have ordered Gus Honeybun... Your Boys Took One Hell of a Beating: A Love Affair in the Lower Leagues
Is it any good? Too late now because I’ve ordered it but wanted to know if anyone else had read it and came away feeling satisfied with the purchase.

if not, it’ll go in the box with the other City stuff I have never read.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trying to bolster my ECFC book collection. I have ordered Gus Honeybun... Your Boys Took One Hell of a Beating: A Love Affair in the Lower Leagues
Is it any good? Too late now because I’ve ordered it but wanted to know if anyone else had read it and came away feeling satisfied with the purchase.

if not, it’ll go in the box with the other City stuff I have never read.
It has its own style which any readers of The Exe Directory back in the day (still the original and the best fanzine, with due respect to the ones that followed which I still bought/buy 👍) will be familiar with which is unsurprising given the author. It certainly brought back a lot of memories for me although I am a touch younger than Simon so don't quite go back to The Cup Run. A familiar tale of being a lower league football supporter that most of us can identify with in some way or other. Well worth a read.

Reactions: GJW

GJW

It has its own style which any readers of The Exe Directory back in the day (still the original and the best fanzine, with due respect to the ones that followed which I still bought/buy 👍) will be familiar with which is unsurprising given the author. It certainly brought back a lot of memories for me although I am a touch younger than Simon so don't quite go back to The Cup Run. A familiar tale of being a lower league football supporter that most of us can identify with in some way or other. Well worth a read.
I’m only about a quarter of the way through this book and finding it a really enjoyable read. I like the bite size chapter format. Well written and brings back a lot of memories of similar days out for me when I was younger.